Who is Rural Aid?
Rural Aid is one of the largest rural charities in Australia. It was founded in 2015 on the back of the very successful “Buy a Bale” drought fundraising campaign of 2013. Funded by donations, the charity provides support and assistance to farmers and rural communities during times of natural disasters and supporting the long-term sustainability of the agriculture sector.
Rural Aid’s vision is that farming and rural communities are safeguarded to ensure their sustainability during and after natural disasters. Our mission is to provide economic and empathetic support and assistance to rural communities impacted by natural disaster, through partnering with key stakeholders to deliver meaningful outcomes. Rural Aid promises to ensure donors’ money is used transparently to provide effective and timely assistance to those most in need.
What is important to us?
At Rural Aid our values guide our behaviour and are the foundation for how we do business:
- Empathetic & compassionate (in everything we do and everyone we deal with);
- Transparent & accountable (being open, honest and outcomes focused);
- Supported & empowered (to achieve community and personal growth);
- Ambitious & adaptable (in order to find solutions to new and diverse challenges); and
- Commercially responsible (to ensure the long-term future of the charity).
Compliance with our Code WH&S policies and procedures and contributing to and promoting a safe and healthy work environment are also paramount for us.
The primary purpose of this role is to represent Rural Aid within the community/region talking to stakeholders, primary producers, government representatives, donors and corporate partners about the roles of Rural Aid including the support provided before, during and after natural disasters.
Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Promote and advocate Rural Aid programs and services in rural and regional areas;
- Develop and maintain information in systems (eg CRM) about what services, support and resources are available from Rural Aid and other related organisations and sectors;
- Point of contact for farmers and communities when providing support through natural disasters and sustainable activities;
- Collaborate and partner with local, state and federal governments, private sector and other charitable organisations to support farmers and communities and facilitate access to support services.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external service providers;
- Contribute to identifying and advising on opportunities for mutually beneficial partnerships that contribute to Rural Aid’s strategic objectives;
- Represent Rural Aid to various agencies and professional networks and rural communities;
- Participate and contribute to community events (eg Farm Community Events, Hay Drops, Fundraising activities);
- Undertake a range of support tasks within agreed timeframes, budget and standards; and
- Report and advise across activities.
Qualifications & Experience we are seeking for this position include:
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills with proven experience in connecting and engaging with individuals and groups;
- A farming or related background and/or knowledge of rural Australia, with a passion to make a difference;
- Highly computer literate with strong MS Office and CRM skills
- Willing and able to work remotely and unsupervised;
- Team player aligned to Rural Aid vision and values.
Rural Aid encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply.