MakeShift is an innovative pioneer in the field of creative and social prescribing, delivering training, education, and support programs that connect creative practices with mental health.
We deliver a range of programs, online and face to face, across Australia:
- Mental Health First Aid training (community and workplace courses)
- Creative First Aid programs
- ReMind 8 Week Program
- Press Play Short Courses
- Lunch Break Workplace Program
- Bespoke Industry programs
MakeShift is one of Australia's first creative prescribing agencies, working with a core group of professional artists, who apply their practice as a tool for managing, supporting and improving mental health. Our programs are supported by a strong evidence base and research framework. We are a small team of passionate advocates, and this role works collaboratively with the team, including directly in partnership with the Communications and Social Media Officer (8 hrs per week)
We seek a dynamic, curious, collaborative and experienced marketing professional to work with our small team to build organisational branding growth, and bring our programs to a national market.
MakeShift is located in Woonona, Wollongong NSW - Dharawal Country, traditional home to the Wodi Wodi people. Remote working will be considered, with attendance at monthly team meetings in Woonona essential.
This role is a part-time 12 month contract of 15 hours per week, remunerated at $35 per hour + 9.5% super.
We strongly welcome applicants from First Nations, culturally diverse, disability and Deaf, and/or marginalised communities.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Degree qualifications in Marketing, Communications or related industry, or relevant comparable experience
- Demonstrated experience coordinating advertising and marketing campaigns using all mainstream channels including but not limited to digital channels
- Strong process knowledge in the development of marketing and advertising campaigns from initial brief through to delivery and evaluation.
- Demonstrated verbal communication and negotiation skills including the ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Highly developed organisation skills including the ability to coordinate multiple projects concurrently and to prioritise and schedule tasks effectively.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Proficiency in cloud-based software (G-suite), social media platforms, web platforms, database platforms, print materials. Desirable skills in photography, graphic design and video production
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Social Media Management experience across all social platforms including content management, reporting and optimisation.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to use Google analytics, Campaign URL Builder and Google Tag Manager
- Have a holistic view of the advertising, marketing and digital landscape
- Understanding and/or experience in mental health and disability sectors
- Understanding and/or experience in arts and creative industry
- Knowledge of the movement of social prescribing, creative prescribing and/or non-clinical interventions for mental health support