- Are you seeking regular casual rostered work, building relationships with Participants?
- Do you have a minimum of 3 or more days availability per week to build these relationships?
Rubix Support is seeking both male and female casual Disability Support Workers with a variety of personal interests (including music and arts to name a few!) to provide supports to our Participants across the North and West of Melbourne.
WHO WE ARE
Rubix Support’s Mission is to improve the personal wellbeing of people with cognitive impairments with complex support needs through specialised, coordinated assessments and supports; and to provide extensive training and support to its empathetic, experienced, energetic staff.
WHAT WE DO
Rubix Support’s Vision is to be a leader in the provision of evidence-based, practical, individualised behaviour assessment and support for people with intellectual impairments with complex support needs.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A rewarding and challenging role, as a support worker you will be instrumental in providing support for our participants and making positive contributions to their quality of life. You may be supporting someone with daily tasks within their own home or a supported accommodation environment, or on community outings such as going to work, the movies, or shopping. Rubix Support will match your experience and interests with like-minded individuals.
The people we support may have autism, an acquired brain injury, intellectual impairment, or mental illness. It is important that you have an understanding of how these can impact a person’s ability and how to support their self-determination.
We are currently seeking individuals to join our motivated team in a casual capacity.
Rubix Support are looking for people that:
- Have understanding and knowledge of the Disability Act 2006 (Victoria) and knowledge of supporting people with cognitive impairments.
- Have attained or are studying Bachelor of Applied Science (Disability), Advanced Diploma in Disability, Certificate IV Disability or another related health field (e.g.nursing, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy) or have a strong interest in the area.
- Have a current drivers licence and vehicle to provide Participants transport support during shifts (required)
- Are committed to following the company’s policies and procedures, and following all specialists assessments including behaviour support, communication and occupational recommendations.
- Remain calm under pressure, identify risk factors, and make sound decisions.
- Have a passion for supporting people to achieve their goals and aspirations.
- Are not afraid to ask questions.
- Bring a variety of personal interests.
If you have the passion but no prior experience, contact us about possible employment options and training.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US:
- A passionate and supportive employer, dedicated to providing quality support to our participants; with a strong focus on the relationship with the Participant.
- No paper time sheets, everything is done on an app that you can track easily.
- Rostered casual shifts - planned in advance with you and the Participant.
- Above award rates - minimum hourly rate of $32.
A position description is attached.
Rubix Support operates a stringent safety screening procedure for all preferred candidates including:
- An identity check,
- A satisfactory national and international (where applicable) police check,
- A current Working with Children's Check,
- A cleared Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check and
- Two professional references.