- Award: Health Professionals and Support Services award 2010
WHO WE ARE:
With significant experience in the disability sector within government and community organisations, Rubix Support is passionate about supporting people with cognitive impairments to lead the life they want to live and to achieve their goals and aspirations. Rubix Support provide support to people aged between two years to sixty-five years old. We are a registered provider under the NDIS and provide services across three main areas - positive behaviour support, support coordination and lifestyle support. We are focused on evidence based best practise, a commitment to social justice with a human rights lens who are passionate about achieving positive outcomes for the people we support.are
WHAT WE DO:
Rubix Support’s Vision is to be a leader in the provision of evidence-based, practical, individualised behaviour assessment and support for people with intellectual impairments with complex support needs.
AS A POSITIVE BEHAVIOUR SUPPORT PRACTITIONER YOU WILL:
- Conduct observations, collect data and work directly with an individual to understand why they are displaying behaviour that others find challenging
- Develop comprehensive functional behaviour assessments that are centred on an individual’s goals and aspirations
- Write reports that address the referral purpose in user-friendly formats
- Maintain documented evidence to demonstrate your process and support your recommendations
- Develop visual aids that are reflective of the support needs of the individual and the targeted audience
- Use your knowledge and skills to ensure that the individual’s goals are being achieved through advocacy and support
- Work closely with an individual’s family and support network
- Provide training to staff and families around positive behaviour support and assist in the implementation of this practice
- Communicate professionally and be responsive when working with external providers within complex care teams
- Be able to work independently in remote settings but maintain contact
- Have strong administrative and record keeping skills, ensuring adherence to privacy and confidentially legislation
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Registered occupational therapist, social worker, speech pathologist or developmental educator (with current membership with Developmental Educators Australia Inc), teacher or other health care professional with experience supporting people with a disability who may present with behaviours that challenge
- Excellent report writing skills in behaviour support strategies and assessments
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and understanding of the support needs of people with disability across home and community settings
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work and communicate effectively with participants, their families, community agencies and other professionals
- A focus on supporting someone to increase their quality of life through self-determination and person-centred thinking
- Able to adapt to changing needs and prioritise tasks in an efficient manner
- Ability to work independently
- Have a valid driver’s license and a willingness to use your own vehicle for travel
Rubix Support operates a stringent safety screening procedure for all preferred candidates including:
- An identity check,
- A satisfactory national and international (where applicable) police check,
- A current Working with Children's Check,
- A cleared Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check and two professional references.
For further information regarding this role, please contact Niall Hewitt (Director - Positive Behaviour Support) on 0438 844 449.
A Position Description is attached.