- Do you want to join one of Victoria’s most recognised not-for-profit animal welfare organisation?
- An exciting new opportunity to join our Rehabilitations & Adoptions team and make meaningful contributions to the animals at RSPCA Victoria
- Permanent full-time opportunity available at our Burwood East site
About RSPCA Victoria
RSPCA Victoria is a non-government, community-based, not-for-profit organisation whose vision is ‘ending cruelty to all animals’. We are Victoria’s best-known and most respected animal welfare organisation.
Our organisation’s purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, and animal care and protection. RSPCA Victoria’s values - clarity and accountability, respect and consideration, and expertise and collaboration - set clear expectations for all our staff and volunteers.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting a Foster Care Program Supervisor to join our Rehabilitation & Adoptions team in a permanent full-time capacity. Reporting to the Rehabilitation & Adoptions Manager, you will play a key role in providing operational and team leadership for employees and volunteers in the provision of day to day care of animals through the RSPCA Victoria Foster Care Program, contributing to the achievement of the best possible welfare outcome for every animal in our care.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Rehabilitation & Adoptions Manager, you will:
- Manage, lead and develop a team of staff and volunteers to the highest levels of performance, engagement and job satisfaction, which will require regular travel across the foster care network;
- Oversee the daily management of animals in the RSPCA Victoria Foster Care Program through the provision of a high level of service, education, support and issues resolution to foster carers to deliver the best possible welfare outcome for animals in our care;
- Lead the growth of the Foster Care Program by developing and implementing learning and development programs and other initiatives aimed at upskilling foster carers to foster more complex and difficult foster cases.
- Lead and oversee the recruitment and onboarding processes for new foster carers, and supporting their ongoing development and engagement with RSPCA Victoria by building strong relationships, regularly communicating with foster carers and providing opportunities to foster animals through the program;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Rehabilitation and Adoptions business plan to deliver the required performance outcomes in accordance with broader organisational goals, and within budget;
- Undertake effective and proactive financial and stock management activities in line with internal policies and procedures (including inventory and ordering) to achieve efficiencies for RSPCA Victoria in relation to the Foster Care Program budget and associated financial reporting;
- Lead and manage the Protective Custody Hold (PCH) Foster Care Program, with a focus of reviewing the current state and enhancing the program to deliver positive animals welfare outcomes.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders such as the Inspectorate and Behaviourists to ensure the appropriate care for animals in the Foster Care Program, whist also ensuring compliance with agreed policies, processes and records management requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement within the Foster Care Program, including creating consistency across our processes and procedures across all sites and challenging the status quo to enhance animal welfare outcomes at RSPCA Victoria;
- education, support and guidance to team members and colleagues regarding the application of standard operating procedures to fulfil organisational and legislative requirements in the management of RSPCA Victoria shelters.
What we are looking for from you
- Previous experience in a leadership role is essential;
- Previous experience in an animal care role, including extensive knowledge of animal anatomy, behaviour, disease recognition and safe handling is highly desirable;
- Previous experience engaging in continuous improvement of programs and organisational strategies;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging work environment, whilst showing great care and compassion to the animals in our shelter;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team environment;
- The ability to work rotating rosters including weekends and public holidays.
- Holds or is willing to complete a Certificate II in Animal Studies (or equivalent) will be highly regarded.
- This also required a valid Victorian Driver’s License and current tetanus vaccination.
What we can offer you
- Encouraged work-life balance and a broad range of leave entitlements, including annual leave, personal leave, additional leave (6 days per year pro-rata), purchased leave, paid parental leave, study leave and paid family and domestic violence leave.
- Access to a range of mental health and wellbeing supportive initiatives, including confidential counselling services, education programs, access our Parents and Carers platform that has a wealth of resources to support working parents and carers.
- Generous discount on products and services, including Hill’s pet food, Hush Puppies footwear and RSPCA Victoria retail and vet clinic products and services
- Salary packaging and novated lease arrangements on offer with leading provider, Maxxia.
- Access to a range of learning and development opportunities that will benefit and support you in your role.
How to Apply
To learn more about our organisation and this job opportunity, please visit our website at www.rspcavic.org and download the Position Description attached to this advertisement for more details. Alternatively, please contact our Executive Assistant to Head of Operations, Marissa Skadins on email@example.com, using the subject line: Foster Care Program Supervisor enquiry via EthicalJobs.
If this role is of interest to you, submit your application with your cover letter and resume, addressing how you meet the selection criteria.
RSPCA Victoria is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are welcome to access RSPCA Victoria’s Diversity & Inclusion Policy here.