About RSPCA NSW
The Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals NSW is a not-for-profit organisation in Australia that cares for, treats, protects and rehomes animals across the state, providing a strong voice for animals experiencing cruelty and neglect. We run a number of shelters and veterinary hospitals dedicated to treating, rehabilitating and rehoming animals. With over 500 staff, RSPCA NSW is dedicated to working with the community to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection.
About the Role
RSPCA NSW is looking for an enthusiastic, animal lover and people person to strengthen the organisation’s ability to acquire, steward, retain and grow support within the Major Giving program for a 12 month fixed-term contract. The role will strategise, create and coordinate communications to the organisation's most generous supporters, primarily through annual appeal campaigns. Undertaking thoughtful, bespoke communications is key to building and strengthening relationships with this group of passionate supporters.
Is this you? Are you keen to learn more and succeed in relationship-based fundraising? Come join the team!
On a day-to-day basis you will be required to:
- Coordination of major giving Direct Mail campaign (4 per year)
- Support the creation of grant applications in accordance with calendar of funding opportunities by liaising with internal subject matter experts
- Coordinate and carry out stewardship and communications with donors
- Coordinate the delivery of a range of events (where possible) from small gatherings to larger events (including event promotion, registrations, logistics and administration). Includes digital events.
- Conduct research to identify potential donors, supporters and giving opportunities.
- Maintain streamlined processes to maximise return on investment.
- Liaise directly with the Manager, Philanthropy and build positive, cohesive relationships with colleagues inside and outside the fundraising department.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate and detailed records of communications with donors and their transactions and preferences on the donor database.
- Assist with engaging, liaising with and supervising volunteers who will provide supplementary value to the program.
- Minimum three years’ experience in not-for-profit, fundraising, communications, marketing or equivalent.
- Experience in meeting operational plans.
- Project management experience.
- Proven experience producing a range donor solicitation material.
- Proven success in coordination of events.
- Experience in CRM – Salesforce advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to provide excellent donor/customer care.
- Work in a team environment.
- Established interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Analysis, problem-solving, and creative skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, time-management and expectation management.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self-driven and results-orientated.
- Ability to efficiently manage complex, sensitive, and confidential information.
- Commercial acumen.