About RSPCA NSW
The Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals NSW is a not-for-profit organisation in Australia that cares for, treats, protects and rehomes animals across the state, providing a strong voice for animals experiencing cruelty and neglect. We run a number of shelters and veterinary hospitals dedicated to treating, rehabilitating and rehoming animals. With over 500 staff, RSPCA NSW is dedicated to working with the community to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection.
About the Role
The RSPCA NSW Community department improves the welfare of animals and people by empowering communities through education, services and volunteering support, strengthening the bonds between animals and people.
This is a 12 month contract (parental leave cover) for the role of Community Programs Manager at RSPCA NSW. This is a diverse role requiring inspiring leadership for a small, motivated team that deliver quality frontline services for vulnerable people and their pets experiencing hardship or crisis situations. Our clients are supported through our Aged Care, Family and Domestic Violence, Homelessness and Emergency boarding programs.
The ideal person will have at least 3 years previous management experience, preferably working in human social services or an animal welfare related field, with an interest in working for a NFP and supporting the human-animal bond.
This role may involve a moderate amount of intrastate travel and will require some work on weekends and outside of normal business hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Community Programs Manager is responsible for:
- Coordination, delivery and achievement of program targets of Community Programs initiatives.
- Lead and develop a team comprising of 7 staff and volunteers, including oversight and assistance in case work management and review of staff KPIs and performance appraisals.
- Maintain and build upon existing relationships/partnerships to further the growth, awareness and impact of Community Programs.
- Work positively and proactively with other departments, particularly Animal Operations, to support the functions of Community Programs
- Support the Senior Manager with the creation of and reporting on progress of annual business plans and budgets. Monitor performance, measuring and reporting on outputs and impacts.
- Proactively work with the Grants Committee to seek out opportunities to secure and increase funding/revenue to support costs and/or grow the division’s programs and services.
- Manage accounts and backend support functions that support the frontline operations of the Programs team
- Undertake presentations or speaking opportunities with relevant agencies or seminars to continue promoting RSPCA Programs services and the importance of the human-animal bond
- Ensure staff and volunteers are trained, fully enabled, and utilised to help support animal welfare needs.
- Lead and contribute to a positive and inclusive work environment by effectively communicating and working collaboratively with team members and peers across all departments, and consistently role modelling the RSPCA NSW values and associated policies
- Ensure a safe working environment whereby employees and volunteers perform their duties safely and adhere to all WH&S policies and procedures, including responsibility for undertaking investigations and corrective actions to reduce the risk and likelihood of incidents occurring.
- Formal qualification in social work or management disciplines desirable
- Minimum of three year’s experience in leading and developing teams
- Demonstrated experience working with vulnerable people and knowledge of the challenges they face
- Demonstrated understanding and/or experience in animal health and welfare
- Demonstrated experience in budget and grant funding management
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings and conduct effective consultations with volunteers, community groups, and organisations, government agencies, service providers and staff
- Experience working within Human Welfare sector desirable
- Strong people management skills
- Conflict resolution, mediation and problem-solving skills
- An ability to deliver exceptional results, on time and within budget to meet identified program requirements
- Strong ICT skills
- An ability to communicate clearly and convincingly and influence outcomes across all management levels
- Outstanding influencing and stakeholder management skills
- The ability to flex between the strategic and tactical effortlessly.
- High sensitivity to reputational risk
If this sounds like the role for you, we would love to hear from you! We request that you please upload your cover letter and resume as one document if possible.
Before you submit your online application, if you have any questions about this role, RSPCA NSW or our recruitment, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com, using the subject line: Community Programs Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.
RSPCA NSW is an equal opportunity employer that understands and values the importance of creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process for people with a disability. If you require an adjustment or assistance during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of adjustment or assistance you are requesting. Our HR team will respond to your email promptly.
We want to hear from you now, don’t delay. Apply now.