This is a newly created role in a growing, innovative and well-respected local charity.
Roundabout Canberra is a volunteer-powered local charity. Our aim is to provide women and families experiencing hardship in Canberra, and the surrounding regions, with essential items and equipment to ensure the safety of their babies and children. We work directly with social workers and social service agencies to help individuals and families in need. We allow the services we assist to focus on their core business while we ensure that essential items are available in clean and safe condition for those they support.
This role will be responsible for the coordination, leadership and support of volunteers throughout the volunteer management cycle including the following duties:
- Effectively recruit, screen, train and manage volunteers to meet organisational objectives including utilising retention and recognition techniques.
- Develop a volunteering framework to underpin all volunteer involvement.
- Liaising with the Operations Coordinator to understand priorities for Volunteer effort for each session and communicating that effort to Volunteers, ensuring those outcomes are achieved during each session.
- Managing Corporate Volunteering Sessions as required.
- Performing the greeting role to engage donors who arrive with items for Roundabout, understanding what we do and do not accept.
- Providing assistance to the Operations Coordinator to pack orders and liaise with social services agencies as required.
- Inducting new volunteers and ensuring they are matched with a buddy to help them settle in to their role and working with volunteers to understand what motivates them to volunteer.
- Ensuring regular communication with all volunteers.
- Organise volunteer social and recognition events.
- Develop, implement, deliver and evaluate volunteering projects.
- Run informative and engaging training sessions for volunteers.
- Adhere to, and support volunteers to adhere to policies, procedures, systems and legislative requirements.
- Prepare high quality reports as required.
- Identify, research and recommend new service or other opportunities in line with operational and strategic plans.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all volunteer interactions including regular formal and informal feedback.
Other duties as reasonably required to contribute to the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, support and work with a diverse team including volunteers
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated sound problem-solving skills, time management and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
Current working with vulnerable people check or willingness to obtain one.
This is a casual position between 9-15 hours per week with remuneration starting at $39.69 per hour. Availability to work Saturdays for 2 hours highly desirable.
If you would like further information, please contact Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Volunteer Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.