Road Safety Education Limited (RSE) is a not-for-profit organisation which is committed to reducing trauma on our roads through the delivery of industry-leading, evidence-based road safety education workshops for high school students.
RSE's flagship program “RYDA” is a series of practical and powerful workshops (delivered on a one day event) that aim to change the way young people think about road safety. Review our website at www.rse.org.au/ryda for further information about the program.
We are currently seeking a casual ‘Event Producer (Day Manager)’ to start March 2020.
Reporting to the Senior Program Coordinator in Victoria, as a Day Manager you will:
Supervise and coordinate all aspects of each event day (“RYDA Workshop Day”) including but not limited to:
- Travelling to each individual external venue (some over an hour away) with all equipment & resources needed for the day
- Set up all equipment including computers, projectors, speakers etc. in each individual room and prepare resources
- Liaise with all venue staff to make sure the venue is properly set up as per our requirements
- Manage all volunteers assisting on the day – briefing them and making sure they understand their role
- Manage all facilitators/contractors on the day – make sure they arrive on time, understand the process for the day and assist them with anything needed throughout the day
- Manage incoming or venue supplied catering and catering set up
- Welcome school/s to the Workshop and assist teachers and students throughout the day
- Deliver a short Welcoming Address to students to set the scene for the day and end with a Closing Address to highlight learning outcomes from the day (script provided)
- Keep time throughout the day to make sure all sessions stay on track
- Troubleshoot any technical issues as they occur
- Develop competence to facilitate any of the sessions we deliver in case a facilitator is not available at short notice
- Adhere to all RSE/RYDA policies and procedures
- Travel to storage location (Springvale) to collect/drop off equipment required for each event day
In order to be successful in this role, the following experience/skills are necessary:
- Event management experience
- Effective Communication skills (oral & written)
- High computer literacy
- Must have current C Class drivers licence and be able and willing to travel to our venues (Springvale, Broadmeadows, Lilydale, Geelong (a few times a year), Leongatha (once a year), Phillip Island (once a year) and school locations in the Melbourne metro area where occasional incursions are delivered)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Punctual and Reliable
- Access to a medium to large vehicle to transport event equipment
- Personable with a friendly demeanour
- Ability to lift/carry over 10kg easily (trolley provided)
- Must feel comfortable presenting in front of large groups and able to project your voice well
- Be well-presented and neatly attired (Smart Casual)
Desirable Skills (but not essential)
- Management or Supervisory experience
- Experience working with schools (education sector)
- Experience with working with a range of ages and volunteers
- Working With Children Check (essential)
- Full training will be provided and will commence in March 2020 as soon as candidate is available.
This role is a Casual position. Perfect for someone with a flexible schedule, currently works part-time and requires more hours or someone currently studying.
Working hours are mostly 7:45am - 2:30pm – not including travel time to venues (some hours differ depending on event specifics).
You will be provided with morning tea and lunch at each event day.
Salary: $250.00 /workshop. You will need to invoice us for payment following each workshop.