Our personalised services give people and their families in rural and regional communities more choice, control and independence. Our support opens up a world of possibilities and experiences and we do it together, one person and one life goal at a time. This has been our driving focus since 1993, when our not-for-profit organisation was established by a group of families in Beaudesert. While today, the footprint of our organisation has grown significantly, we distinguish ourselves from the pack, by remaining true to the vision of our founders who strived for more options and opportunities for their loved ones living with disability. Staying true to our ethos of ‘locals supporting locals’ we are always on the lookout for passionate people who embody our values to join our team, as we continue to grow our services into the rural and regional communities that need it most.
Rural Lifestyle Options Australia’s commitment to the people who access our services remains resolute, proudly underpinned by our organisation’s motto of “Big enough to provide the service, small enough to look after you.”
For more information about who we are and what we do, please visit www.rloa.org.au.
About the role
Rural Lifestyle Options Australia is looking for Lifestyle Support Workers to join our dynamic team in the Northern Rivers area. We are passionate about making a difference in the lives of the people we support and are seeking like-minded people to get involved.
We have permanent part-time and casual roles available.
We are currently looking for people who have:
- Experience supporting people whose behaviours might challenge our understanding.
- The commitment to assist people with a disability to learn new skills and experience a life of their choice.
- Confidence to assist people with personal care.
- Flexible availability to cover a variety of shifts which may include weekend, sleepover and 10 hour shifts in accommodation support.
- Confidence with manual handling in a support situation.
Specific requirements include:
- A current Australian drivers licence and a reliable vehicle
- Computer savvy, have a computer, smart phone or tablet and are able to document accurate notes about all support shifts they are rostered on
- A Covid 19 Vaccination Digital Certificate or Vaccination Statement
- Current First Aid and CPR qualifications
- Minimum Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) or equivalent industry experience
- Must have current (or ability to obtain prior to commencement) NDIS Worker Screening Check and clearance to work in both NSW and QLD
- Permanent part-time position
- Family friendly rosters
- Permanent roster so you can plan ahead
- Long shifts available
- A suite of employee reward and recognition programs
- A referral incentives program
- Up to $30.94 per hour, depending on your level of experience. Plus, penalties, 10% superannuation, 17.5% leave loading, up to 5 weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging option up to $15,900 per FBT pro rata
- Novated lease option
- Meal entertainment and venue hire option up to $2,650 per FBT pro rata
- Discounted Private health insurance through HCF
- A supportive team environment
- Ongoing learning and development and career advancement opportunities
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button below. Applications with cover letters will be given preference.
For further information, please phone 1300 032 175 and ask to speak with our People and Culture Coordinator (Generalist).
Important things to remember
- All employees of Rural Lifestyle Options Australia are required to hold a National Worker Screening Check, and may also require additional probity checks including Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current NDIS Worker Orientation Module certificate and COVID-19 Infection Control certificate.
- Rural Lifestyle Options Australia acknowledges all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land.
- We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job.
- Only successful applicants will be notified for an interview.
- We do not consider agency applications.
- We are happy to wait for the right person to join our team, so applications remain open until then. This does mean that applications will close when we have found that person, so if you think this may be you please act now and apply!