- Monday to Friday
- Based with our Wollongong team
- Level 4 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
About the Opportunity
As a Team Coordinator and Team Coordinator - Peer Specialist with Flourish Australia, you will assist the manager in providing supervision and guidance to staff. In addition, you will have a hands-on role with frontline service delivery, working directly with people with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
In addition, the Team Coordinator - Peer Specialist will use lived experience and personal recovery to mentor people with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Support the manager to implement programs, policies and local procedures and also with the planning and coordination of a program or project (when required).
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support of lower or similar classified employees.
- Facilitate discussions regarding the individual needs and goals of each person accessing Flourish Australia’s services and collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an individual plan that meets these needs.
- Encourage people to develop skills which will meet their needs. These may include domestic skills, social skills, independence skills, and skills to enter education and/or employment.
- Ensure that individual support meets recovery journey goals and is strengths based and led by the person wherever possible.
- A relevant Certificate IV or above in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years experience working in the community in a mental health setting.
- A strong understanding of and demonstrated experience with all aspects of the NDIS including service agreements, rostering and billing, and ability to fully utilise the NDIS portal.
- Maintain a current Australian Driver’s Licence.
For further information, please contact Nicolle Richards, Manager. E: email@example.com, using the subject line: Team Coordinator / Team Coordinator, Peer Specialist - Wollongong enquiry via EthicalJobs (please do not email applications)
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Career development opportunities