Ribbon is a grassroots NDIS registered provider that delivers services in Victoria. We support people to live the life they want. At Ribbon we believe that everyone can live a life full of happiness and hope. We are passionate about working with people who live with disability and mental illness.
NDIS Workers assist participants to develop their independent living skills, self-efficacy, community inclusiveness, self-reliance and overall happiness.
This role requires successful applicants to:
- Support NDIS participants to connect with community and mainstream services
- Ensure that support responses focus on participants NDIS plan and goals
- Deliver services and supports to achieve a high level of participant satisfaction
- Provide advice to NDIS participants and their families as required
- Participate in relevant internal and external meetings
- Other duties as reasonably directed by Ribbon
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain an active participant caseload
- Document accurate records in accordance with legislative requirements
- Support provided to participants is required to meet organisational and NDIS standards
Qualifications & Requirements
- Current and valid National Police Check and Working With Children Check
- Current first aid certificate HLTAID003
- Certificate 4 in Mental Health, Disability, Community Services or related field
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module - Quality, Safety and You (Online Training)
- Covid-19 Infection Control Training (Online Training)
- Knowledge of NDIS, Victorian health systems and local services
- Experience supporting people living with mental illness and/or disabilities
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Understanding of evidence-based practices
- IT competent
- Current drivers licence and access to a comprehensively insured motor vehicle
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Melinda Szasz, Service Manager, at Melinda@ribbon.org.au, using the subject line: NDIS Worker enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.