The Senior Adviser, Research and Evaluation will lead priority research, data and evaluation initiatives and support the development of strategic evaluation and research structures and systems, governance and partnership activity for Respect Victoria, in order to establish a world-leading evidence base for effective primary prevention of family violence and violence against women.
As part of a small team this role will contribute to the development of strategic policy priorities in pursuit of long-term social change in the prevention of family violence and violence against women, establishing infrastructure and governance to oversee and establish research and evaluation priorities, monitoring of trends in primary prevention and assessing the outcomes of programs.
- Interested in driving strategic research and evaluation, including engagement with Government, organisations and community to building long-term, world-leading evidence and outcomes in family violence prevention
- Experienced in the development and delivery of research, data and evaluation projects and products
- Who is energetic and motivated team player who enjoys working collaboratively to find solutions to complex problems and improvements to systems and processes
- Develop/coordinate implement research and evaluation strategies and programs with key performance indicators and outcomes including evaluating and assessing measures, reporting on interventions and engagement
- Provide advice, reasoned recommendations and innovative solutions to establish and develop research and evaluation functions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders to facilitate a partnership approach to the translation and communication of evidence-based research
- Develop and coordinate data, evaluation and research systems, and monitor and report on high priority issues, risks and trends.
Was established as a Statutory Authority under the Prevention of Family Violence Act 2018 on Oct 18. Respect Victoria. Respect Victoria will deliver on the commitments legislated in the Act and the objectives outlined in Free from Violence: Victoria’s strategy to prevent family violence and all forms of violence against women. Respect Victoria is focused on the prevention of all forms of family violence for all Victorians
Reporting to the Director Research and Evaluation this role will develop and coordinate strategies that build Respect Victoria’s research and evaluation functions, and will be required to develop key stakeholder relationship to manage/advise our research partners and be able to provide analysis and recommendations that will assist Respect Victoria eliminate family violence.
Who we are looking for
- An individual with extensive experience in evaluation and research able to formulate and communicate options and recommendations succinctly, especially in the areas of preventative health or primary prevention of social problems
- You will have exceptional problem-solving skills liaises with stakeholders, analyses issues from different perspectives and draws sound inferences and develop solutions
- Experienced in the design, development and application of quantitative and qualitative data systems would be an advantage and be able to diagnoses trends, obstacles and opportunities in the internal and external environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, primary prevention and/or family violence
What you can expect
- Conduct meaningful work to assist Respect Victoria to reduce/eliminate family violence and violence against women
- A competitive salary plus 9.5% super
- A fantastic remote employee engagement program, flexible work arrangements and health and well-being initiatives
- An emphasis on work/life balance
- High-performing team environment
How to Apply
- A cover letter which briefly addresses the key selection criteria, outlines your experience against the accountabilities and what attracted you to the role and your resume
Respect Victoria promotes diversity and equal opportunity in employment. Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicant or if you have a disability and require advice and support with the recruitment process, please advise us.
Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Senior Adviser - Research and Evaluation enquiry via EthicalJobs.