The Policy and Program Adviser will contribute to the development of a range of policy and initiatives, monitor and report on high priority issues, risks and trends and assist with the preparation of comprehensive reports. This will support the delivery of evidence-informed advice to organisations and Government, including to the Minister, to assist in the development of policy and decision making in relation to the prevention family violence and violence against women.
- A highly organised professional keen to work in a dynamic organisation on complex projects and programs?
- Able to provide strategic advice on key work priorities?
- Highly organised with excellent policy and project skills?
- A team player who cooperates and works well with others?
- Contribute to the development and provision of advice and sound policy recommendations to senior management and government based on comprehensive research.
- Undertake research and contribute to the development of a range of policy and initiatives.
- Build and maintain internal policy and program planning and monitoring documentation to a high standard.
- Assist the monitoring and reporting on high priority issues, risks and trends and assist to prepare and present comprehensive reports and agency submissions on complex issues.
- Support effective working relationships and the flow of information across the agency and with key external stakeholders.
- Maintain an understanding of Commonwealth and State legislative and policy directions to influence policy development.
- Keeps accurate and complete records of your work activities in accordance with legislative requirements and the agency's records, information security and privacy policies and requirements.
Was established as a Statutory Authority under the Prevention of Family Violence Act 2018 in Oct 18. Respect Victoria. Respect Victoria will deliver on the commitments legislated in the Act and the objectives outlined in Free from Violence: Victoria’s strategy to prevent family violence and all forms of violence against women. Respect Victoria is focused on the prevention of all forms of family violence for all Victorians.
Reporting to the Policy Manager, this role will support effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support the provision of policy and advocacy for Respect Victoria. Highly organised and with a commitment to effective and efficient process, this role will coordinate high level secretariat and policy/project matters on behalf of Respect Victoria to support our legislative and strategic intent.
Who we are looking for
- You interpret and apply policies; drafts simple policies using research skills and consults with stakeholders; provides feedback on draft policies.
- You identify processes, tasks and resources required to achieve a goal.
- You develop and implement systems and procedures to guide work and track progress; recognises barriers and finds effective ways to deal with them.
- You have good project management skills clearly articulating objectives and regularly communicates with and supports project team members.
- You have strong problem-solving skills probe for the facts; liaises with stakeholders; analyses issues.
- You are self-managed plans and prioritises work to ensure outcomes are achieved.
What you can expect
- Conduct meaningful work to assist Respect Victoria to reduce/eliminate family violence and violence against women.
- A competitive salary plus 9.5% super.
- A fantastic remote employee engagement program, flexible work arrangements and health and well-being initiatives.
- An emphasis on work/life balance.
- High-performing team environment.
How to Apply
- A cover letter which briefly addresses the key selection criteria, outlines your experience against the accountabilities and what attracted you to the role and your resume.