This management position is responsible for the day to day operations and clinical management of the team that delivers services for the Family Relationship Centre, Regional Family Dispute Resolution Service, Workplace Mediation and other related EAP service.
It will support the Director of Mediation Services in managing a mediation team based in Darwin, and in supporting the development of quality service delivery in mediation throughout the Northern Territory.
Within this role, you are required to meet and comply with the Behaviour Standards outlined in our Safeguarding Children and Young People Practice and Behaviour Guidelines, and actively participate in cultural safety and “cultural fitness”.
For further details about this position please refer to RA-NT webpage:
- Tertiary level qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or another relevant field and current accreditation as an FDRP.
- Substantial experience and comprehensive understanding in the area of family dispute resolution and group program facilitation.
- Demonstrated leadership and team development skills, with the ability to manage a range of diverse projects and issues in a community based organisation.
- Previous experience in the ability to provide and monitor the clinical supervision of staff members.
- A comprehensive understanding of the Family Law Act, and Family Dispute Resolution.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with Government departments, managing contracts and operating within a political environment/framework.
- Experience of managing a team, including initial recruitment and interviewing, through to proactively dealing with employee relations issues,.
- Experience in working with and delivering accessible services to diverse communities, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills..
- Tertiary qualification in Management.
- National mediation accreditation or the ability to obtain accreditation for the purpose of undertaking workplace mediations.
- Experience in undertaking workplace mediations
- Training and experience as a Child Consultant delivering a Child Inclusive approach to Family Dispute Resolution
- A satisfactory Northern Territory working with children’s check.
- A satisfactory National Criminal History Check.
- Possession of a current NT Driver’s Licence.
- A commitment to our Safeguarding Children Practice and Behaviour Guidelines.
Benefits and Entitlements
Relationships Australia NT provides support, supervision, professional development entitlements (of up to $3,000 per annum).
There is also salary sacrificing options, generous annual leave and an annual wellbeing allowance.
To discuss this position further please contact Sue on 08 8923 4999.
A position description is attached.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.