- Full Time 12 Month Parental Leave Cover
- Tertiary qualifications in, Social Work, Psychology, Community Development or another relevant field.
- Knowledge of the historical context of the Forced Adoption Support Service, the Find & Connect Support Service, Redress Scheme Support Service, and the issues and experiences of people who are eligible for each service.
- Knowledge of current theory and practice relating to trauma informed counselling including knowledge of the impact and effects of childhood trauma on adult functioning.
- Prior knowledge of working with individuals and families where complex trauma is a pressing issue.
- A strong commitment to supporting the development of culturally sensitive and accessible services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients and organisations.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide range of people from different cultural backgrounds and to respond sensitively and appropriately to people in a variety of situations.
- Experience coordinating other professionals within programs who directly deliver the support services such as counselling, warm referrals and case management.
- Experience in liaising with external agencies, coordinating programs, and operating within a political environment/framework.
- Proven experience in stakeholder and community engagement, education and development skills.
- High level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and commitment to work as a team member within the ethos and values of RANT.
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Social Worker or Psychologist.
Applicants will require extensive screening, referee checks, identity check, Ochre Card and Criminal History check.
Position Description (incl. Selection Criteria) and Basic Employment Conditions are available in Current Vacancies at www.nt.relationships.org.au.