This position requires the provision of quality Family Dispute Resolution services to individuals, couples and families at Relationships Australia NT (RA-NT). The position’s activities are to be delivered in accordance with the Family Law (Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners) Regulations 2008. Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners at Relationships Australian NT, work within a child-focused and culturally responsive practice model.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary level qualifications in an appropriate field, and current accreditation as an FDRP.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide quality Family Dispute Resolution services, with the ability to undertake effective case management including administration tasks and updating client information software.
- Professional knowledge relating to the area of family relationship issues, including the impact of conflict on children.
- Proven commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Ability to work as a team member within the ethos and values of RA-NT.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in screening and assessment of family violence and an understanding of the impact of domestic violence on separating families.
- Experience in delivering a child focussed and/or child inclusive model of mediation.
- Experience in working with diverse communities, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities.
- Training and experience as a Child Consultant delivering a Child Inclusive approach to Family Dispute Resolution.
- National mediation accreditation or the ability to obtain accreditation for the purpose of undertaking workplace mediations.
- Experience in undertaking workplace mediations.
Benefits and Entitlements
- Relocation allowance.
- Excellent support, supervision and additional professional development entitlements (of up to $3,000 pa, 10 days leave).
- Salary sacrificing options.
- Generous annual leave.
- Annual wellbeing allowance.
- A satisfactory Northern Territory working with children check.
- A satisfactory national criminal history check.
- A commitment to our Safeguarding Children Practice and Behaviour Guidelines.
Information for applicants
To submit your application click the Apply Now button.
A position description is attached.
Applications must be limited to a one-page Cover Letter addressing Selection Criteria in addition to a Resume and two Referees.
Relationships Australia NT encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, CALD, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.
For further information go to our website nt.relationships.org.au or to discuss this position further please contact Jenny on 8923 4999.
Applications may be interviewed as received.