- Location: Canberra
- Full-time Fixed-term contract to 30 June 2020. (with potential for a 3-year extension depending on funding)
- RA Level 4 Salary Range $70,000 - $85,000 + Super. Starting salary will depend on experience and qualification
Who We Are
Reconciliation Australia is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that promotes reconciliation between the wider Australian community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Our vision is for a just, equitable and reconciled Australia.
Reconciliation Australia is seeking a Senior Policy Advisor.
The Role and Duties:
Provide high level, policy advice and implementation services to the General Manager – Take a lead role in supporting the General Manager, PRAGA, in planning, developing and implementing complex policy and promoting key reconciliation events and initiatives.
- Take a lead role in analysing policy, research and political engagement and other projects as directed by the General Manager, PRAGA.
- Provide high level written materials and present briefing and policy papers to internal and external stakeholders, with the ability to interpret and convey quantitative information articulately.
- Provide senior policy advice and guidance on the production of the Barometer, State of Reconciliation Report and other policy projects.
- Maintain, develop and build on strong relationships developed through consistent engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations.
- Provide high level advice and support the development of strategic and operational plans, and other internal program delivery processes.
- Provide ongoing policy advice and support to the General Manager, PRAGA, as required.
Reconciliation Australia is committed to improving employment opportunities for all Australians especially Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Working Rights: Applicants for this position should have valid working rights for Australia.