Relationships Australia WA is a non-government provider of professional relationship support services to the West Australian Community.
Our staff are highly motivated, innovative people who make valuable contributions to the success and growth of the organisation.
There is currently a vacancy at our soon to be established Geraldton location, for an experienced trauma informed counsellor. This position will provide services in Geraldton and outreach across the Midwest, Gascoyne, Murchison region as may be required.
The role – Counsellor (21.5 - 37.5hrs wk).
To provide frontline person centred, trauma informed counselling services for people affected by the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with a Disability, meeting the diverse needs of people with disability, their families, carers, friends and support workers across Western Australia.
Referring and collaborating with appropriate services providing practical assistance regarding housing, financial issues, mental health, aged care etc.
Able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or Social Sciences
- Significant knowledge of, and practical experience in trauma informed counselling including individual, couple and family
- Demonstrated knowledge, and or experience working with a diverse range of people including those with a disability, their family members and support workers/carers
- Knowledge of and evidence working within the ethics of clinical practice
- Ability to work outside of the office environment when necessary e.g. outreach.
- Possession of a current National Federal Police Clearance and Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain them incorporating criminal and traffic convictions and infringements
- A current West Australian drivers licence
- Knowledge and understanding of a diverse range of mental health issues
- Some flexibility to work alternate hours and/or days and location as required to meet clients’ needs
- Ability and willingness to travel for work to other regional and remote communities of WA
- Willingness and ability to use personal vehicle to travel to some appointments etc. (With mileage reimbursement).