About Relationships Australia
Our clients are, and always will be, our first priority. This matters more now than ever before. Relationships Australia NSW provide a safe, judgement-free environment where individuals, couples and families can address the matters impacting their relationships and lives.
What you’ll do
You’ll provide therapeutic casework to MBC (Men’s Behavioural Change) clients. The position works as part of a multi-disciplinary team, contributes to program and service development, and supports the centre including promoting services to clients and stakeholders.
In addition, you’ll
- Provide therapeutic casework for MBC program participants focusing on behaviour change
- Provide casework intervention as required and in consultation with the Team Leader
- Conduct sessions using multiple mediums including face to face, telephone, video and other mediums
- Apply person centred, trauma informed, MBC practice and strength-based approach to working with clients
- Maintain service to clients from referral to closure as appropriate, including all clinical and administrative tasks
- Assess and refer clients to relevant services according to client identified need
- Maintain accurate client records
- Enable clients to start taking responsibility for their behaviours
- Address identified risks to victims and children
- Assess the risks to victims and needs of children and other family members. In accordance with the family safety program, provide family members with relevant services eg counselling, family therapy, WCC.
- Ensure confidentiality of all client information
- Facilitation of groupwork programs if required
- Flexible working hours – can work part time or full time
- Contract role, based at Parramatta
- FTC including salary + super + salary packaging benefits
What you’ll bring
- Minimum 1 years experience in working with families that have experience family domestic violence
- Casework experience with individuals and families
- Experience in working with men who use violence
- Experience with working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people and ability to ensure cultural safety
- Experience in facilitating men’s behaviour change programs is desirable
- Qualifications in counselling, trauma or other relevant disciplines is desirable
- Completion (or working towards completion) of relevant training in MBC practice i.e. Grad Cert in MBC (Individual and Group) is ideal
Why work with us?
- Empower people to have healthy, well-being and meaningful relationships by addressing the issues impacting them
- Strong clinical and supervision framework to deepen our practice excellence
- Work alongside people who truly care about what you achieve. Grow with us as a team.
- We have a strong focus on wellbeing including salary packaging, additional leave days and fitness passport
- Flexible working arrangements help you find the perfect balance
- We value inclusion and belonging. We want a workforce that is reflective of all the communities we serve
- RANSW is committed to deepening our relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Our RAP guides our efforts to build strong relationships, increased employment opportunities, and enhanced respect between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and other Australians
Interested? Apply today as we want to move quickly with this recruitment.