Our clients are, and always will be, our first priority. This matters more now than ever before.
Relationships Australia NSW provide a safe, judgement free environment where individuals, couples and families can address the matters impacting their relationships and lives.
Our Men’s Behaviour Change (MBC) program is the beginning of the change process for men who use violence and their intimate partners. Using therapeutic casework and counselling, men learn to understand their thoughts, feelings and behaviours that either support change or destroy relationships.
Your new role
You will support the female victims and survivors of domestic and family violence and their children as their imitate partners engage with our men’s behaviour change program. You will provide psychosocial education, referrals and case work to ensure the safety of all family members.
It’s essential you can build trust with clients, question respectfully, have a judgement free, trauma informed, systems approach to your work.
Sessions will be face to face, telephone, and online. We’ve returned to the office on a roster to ensure you can connect to colleagues and have the support to do your best work while minimising the COVID risk.
- Casual position in Broadmeadow due to client demand
- $49 + super + salary packaging
As a Therapeutic Case Worker, DV Worker or Counsellor, you will have:
- Experience providing counselling and casework to women, individuals and/or families that have experienced family domestic violence,
- Understanding of men’s behaviour change practice, the issues that support collusion, coercion or cooperative practice and its impacts,
- Ability to establish trust with resistant clients and question respectfully,
- Robust clinical framework including person centred, trauma informed, MBC practice, systems theory etc
- Tertiary qualification in social work, counselling, psychology or related,
- Strong professional boundaries and self-care practices; when we are at our best, we give our best.
- Walk alongside clients as they address their trauma and make significant life changes
- Address a hidden side of Domestic and Family Violence and ensure safety of clients
- High quality supervision from clinical expert in leading MBC practice
- We have a strong focus on wellbeing including salary packaging, additional annual leave, weekly wellness alerts and fitness passport
- We value inclusion and belonging. We want a workforce that is reflective of all of the communities we serve
- RANSW is committed to deepening our relationships with First Nations people. Our RAP guides our efforts to build strong relationships, increased employment opportunities, and enhanced respect between First Nations peoples and other Australians
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply online today!