Our clients are, and always will be, our first priority. This matters now more than ever before.
Relationships Australia NSW provides a safe, judgement free environment where individuals, couples and families can address the matters impacting their relationships and lives.
Your new role
As our Child & Family Counsellor, you will provide high quality family therapy to adolescents (aged 10 – 21) and their families to enhance, repair and strengthen family relationships.
You will use a Family Systems Framework in your work to address a range of issues including relationship difficulties, escalating conflict, family upheavals due to separation and divorce loss or other trauma, addiction, self-harm, and suicide attempts. Sessions will be face to face, telephone, and online.
- Part time position (3 days) in Parramatta
- $37 - $42ph + super + salary packaging – depending on experience
As an experienced Child, Adolescent and Family Counsellor you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology or equivalent.
- Post-grad qualifications or training in Counselling or Couple and Family Therapy;
- Experience counselling teenagers and/or families;
- Strong understanding of matters impacting young people like social media, family dynamics, domestic and family violence, child safety, addiction, mental health and wellbeing
- A calm, professional and compassionate approach when engaging with clients.
- Strong professional boundaries and self-care practices; when we are at our best, we give our best.
Why Relationships Australia NSW?
- We empower young people to have healthy and meaningful relationships by addressing the issues impacting them
- We provide a strong clinical and supervision framework to deepen our practice excellence
- We work alongside people who truly care about what you achieve. Grow with us as a team.
- We have a strong focus on wellbeing including salary packaging, additional annual leave, weekly wellness alerts and a fitness passport
- We value inclusion and belonging. We want a workforce that is reflective of all of the communities we serve
- RANSW is committed to deepening our relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Our RAP guides our efforts to build strong relationships, increased employment opportunities, and enhanced respect between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and other Australians
If you’re ready for your next challenge, there is no formal closing date for this position, please apply ASAP.