Raise is creating thriving communities by empowering young people to become resilient, capable, and connected. We are impacting the wellbeing of young people by providing early intervention youth mentoring programs in high schools, supporting over 2,000 young people and their mentors every year. Raise has an ambitious strategic impact goal to offer the program to every public secondary school in Australia.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an exciting position within our Marketing team to create engaging social media and marketing content. This role would suit someone who is creative, resourceful and a good writer – happy to roll up their sleeves, come up with ideas and bring them to life.
- Create and publish high-quality content to attract and engage new and existing audiences to Raise Foundation
- Evaluate and refine our social media content to drive growth of followers and higher levels of engagement across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Assist with the ongoing development, implementation and review of our social media communications strategy
- Monitor and measure social media channels through analytics and survey tools and sprout social
- Run paid social campaigns to drive recruitment of mentors and fundraising activities
- Manage and maintain our content roadmap, forward planning and prioritising content requirements. Responding to briefs for social media and content, working with our in house design team to create content that can be repurposed across multiple channels
- Concept, develop and write rich content including blogs, videos, event and marketing materials to support the broad acquisition, retention and fundraising goals
- Liaise with and interview key stakeholders (internal and external), and perform desktop research to create original content with effective storytelling to engage a range of audiences.
- Day-to-day monitoring of brand reputation across social media channels and community management when required.
- Support the broader marketing team on major events, campaigns, media and production projects such as photoshoots and working with our ambassadors
You will bring:
- A real desire to make a difference in the lives of young people
- Relevant Degree qualifications in marketing, communications, or media – or at least 3 years relevant experience in a similar role
- Hands on experience and examples of creating original and inspiring content
- A drive to come up with new and fresh ideas to engage audiences
- Self starter able to act on ideas and proactively find and develop stories and images that drive results
- Expert knowledge of social media networks, strategically and hands on
- A marketing background with the ability to see through the eyes of the audience in order to create best-practice and relevant content the ability to create a variety of content
- Experience writing and creating a range of marketing materials (e.g., testimonials, videos, newsletters, EDM, social posts, )
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills with solid administration and reporting expertise
- Completion of Raise selection process including Youth Safety Checks, must hold a current Working with Children (Employee) Check and National Crime Check
- Excellent technology skills including Microsoft Office365, Salesforce and Sprout preferred but not essential
in addition, you will have:
- Genuine interest in working with young people
- Inspired by working in a rapidly evolving non-profit organisation
- Collaborative, inclusive, and supportive style of working with others
- Commitment to transparent, open, authentic communication
- Strong sense of accountability and responsibility for achieving KPIs
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Shows honesty and integrity, leads by example
- Youthful, energetic and enthusiastic approach
- Takes initiative and uses common sense
- Shows respect of privacy and confidentiality
- Passion for and commitment to our purpose, intent and aspiration
You will be willing to complete Raise’s selection process including Youth Safety Checks, must hold a current Working with Children (Employee) Check and National Crime Check.