Aspen Medical is establishing a standalone temporary facility as an Augmented Service of the Canberra Health Services (CHS) Emergency Department (ED) to deliver emergency services to COVID-19 patients as well as patients considered to be a high risk of COVID-19.
We are seeking FACEM's and other Senior Medical Officers who will ensure optimal clinical care of patients in a fully functioning ED designed specifically to screen and treat suspected and confirmed COVID-19 patients. It is expected that the senior medical team would assist in providing expert clinical care as would be expected in an ED as well as providing supervision and support to junior medical staff and liaising with other health facilities within the CHS region to assist in the transfer of patients who may require admission.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading and managing the emergency department healthcare team and ensure the smooth day-to-day operations the facility
- Acting as mentors to the physicians and medical staff, requiring good leadership qualities, patience, and confidence
- Collaborating with recognised health authorities, health agencies and other stakeholders to utilise standardised reporting practices and information sharing
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED:
- Specialist registration or eligible for specialist registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (FACEM) and/or equivalent specialist recognition
- Minimum of 5 years full-time post-graduate clinical experience or equivalent
- Evidence of continuing medical education and self-monitoring/audit practices consistent with the scope of practice requirements of the position
General knowledge of and previous experience in communicable or infectious diseases
- Proven capacity and/or experience in the provision of effective high-quality services demonstrated through successful clinical practice in an environment appropriate to the requirements of the position including evidence of participation in quality improvement activities relevant to the specialty
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching with experience in teaching both undergraduate and post graduate students and other staff of the hospital
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with medical and other health services colleagues as part of a multi-disciplinary health care team and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, colleagues, and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to research relevant to the role and needs of the Department.