Over the past 12 years, the Quirky Kid team has grown from two passionate founders to a world-class team of psychologists, educators, designers, authors, illustrators, app developers and so much more. Our clinics and workspaces are filled with inspiration, knowledge and our unstoppable commitment to our mission – to support children and families around the world to reach their full potential.
Quirky Kid continues to grow, develop and evolve. As a result, we are seeking Child Psychologists who share Quirky Kid’s passion to be part of something special - Together we make amazing things happen.
So, come and join us!
We’re looking for like-minded colleagues with inspired thinking, a modern approach and a positive mindset to join our relaxed, welcoming and well-resourced clinics in Sydney (Woollahra).
- To offer parents, children and educators practical strategies and support to overcome issues at home and/or school, including emotional regulation, anxiety, parental separation, learning difficulties, ASD traits and social difficulties.
- To assess and potentially diagnose using psychometric tools, including the ADOS-2, WISC-V, SB-5, WIAT-II, CBCL, ABAS-3 and the CRS.
- To produce reports of the highest standard for parents and educators to use a guide in their work with your client.
- To delight your clients with attention to detail and your commitment to achieving therapeutic goals using effective evidence-based interventions, incorporating art and play where possible.
- To advocate for children and families at case conferences, if required.
- To deliver our award winning workshops and programs for children.
- To work within the structure of billable hours by ensuring consultations, school observations, case conferences, test administration and reports are completed within agreed timeframes.
Benefits and Remuneration package
- Salary range $85,000 to $90,000 p.a plus superannuation and entitlements (based on meeting position criteria), pro-rata.
- Contract Position (2 years with a further 2 years).
- To be part of a generous and enthusiastic clinical team with weekly peer supervision, an annual retreat and regular PD opportunities.
- To be part of the dynamic QK culture where your insights, individuality and loyalty are highly valued.
- To see opportunities for growth within QK and be willing to lead or work independently to achieve a greater impact for young people.
- To consult with a maximum of six clients per day.
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- Fully Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Eligible for APS College of Clinical Psychologists or APS College of Educational and Developmental Psychologists
- 3 years+ experience in diverse paediatric mental health and/or educational contexts.
- The ability to develop rapport with children, adolescents and parents.
- Calm, creative, flexible, open, stylish and punctual.
- Able to work a minimum of 16 hours (2 days/week) in Woollahra with a capacity for more.
- Comfortable with commitment and a desire to establish a long-term, loyal client base amongst a caring team of colleagues.