- Are you passionate about working to make a real difference in the lives of individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds?
- Do you want to work in a work environment that is highly passionate and motivated?
- Are you wanting to work in a busy primary care practice that can provide a steady stream of referrals?
About the Role
Contract / Temp Role
70% of all gross billings (a mix of private and bulk billing is available)
Better Access Medical Clinic is a General Practice based in the urban city fringe, Bowen Hills, Queensland. We offer a friendly & supportive team environment with wrap around ancillary services and a great workplace culture. We are a RACGP accredited practice and a not for profit bulk billing practice. We have dedicated practice management and medical receptionist who will support you in the role. In addition to our general practice services we also have a special interest in the following areas: mental health, drug and alcohol, sexual / reproductive health and viral hepatitis care. We also have a large range of specialist wrap-around support programs that will also complement your role. You will be a valued and integral member of our team of clinicians and work alongside our GP’s, practice nurses, and allied health programs.
You will be a clinician that wants to make a difference in the wellbeing and lives of people from disadvantaged and diverse backgrounds. Strong experience in clinical counselling, clinical assessment and interventions is essential to be successful in this role. We are looking for a clinician who is wanting to join a supportive team on a contract basis and is keen to work as a member of a committed multi-disciplinary team.
You will have:
- Completed a Master’s Degree (ideally a Clinical Master’s Degree) and have strong clinical assessment and clinical skills
- A minimum of 5 years clinical experience
- Current Medicare status and professional registration with Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Current Professional Indemnity Insurance and ABN / ACN (or able to obtain prior to commencement in the role)
- Experience and knowledge working within the framework of Better Access of Mental Health and a working knowledge of Enhanced Primary Care Initiatives
- Excellent case notes and report writing skills
- Strong clinical and organisational experience
- A desire to work with mental health and substance dependence comorbidity (dual diagnosis) and understanding of contemporary evidence based interventions
- Strong experience in working with complex presentations
- Flexibility, be enthusiastic and self-motivated
Why work with us
- Work in a positive workplace culture that is committed and passionate about making differences in the lives of the people we work with
- Work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Be supported and provided with a fully integrated practice management system and wrap-around support
- Have access to a range of clinical resources and administration supports
- You will have autonomy to develop self-interests and receive support in completing administrative requirements, management of appointment bookings and payments
- An established patient base and steady stream of in-house referrals