- Flexible working arrangements including some working from home.
- 2 x .8EFT Fixed term 12 month contract.
- SCHADS Award Level 5 ($82,700P/A).
This position is based in Morwell with coverage across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
About the role:
The ABC program is a trauma informed program designed to provide the skills, tools and strategies to encourage positive behaviour and growth in young people, supporting the formation of healthy relationships and connections in their lives.
- To deliver the ABC program to adolescents in the South Gippsland and Bass Coast area.
- Engage a case support/management approach to support ongoing needs of participants and family members.
- Providing information and activities to promote understanding and education regarding family violence, its impacts and effects.
- Engage and undertake family contact and support.
- Assess the eligibility of adolescents to attend the program, creating behaviour management, risk assessment and safety plans as per the MARAM framework.
- Mobile phone and resources applicable to the role;
- Salary packaging/annual indexation/Employee Assistance Program/leave opportunities/flexi time/Wellbeing Program.
- Promotional opportunities within the Organisation;
- Professional development and mandatory industry training;
- Inclusive culture which embraces the diversity of its people.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in facilitation of group work including an understanding of group dynamics and implementing plans to support a positive group environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that can be used to work effectively with adolescents, family members, colleagues, government departments and other agencies.
- Demonstrated understanding of the impacts of Family Violence with a particular focus on adolescents and their families.
- Demonstrated understanding of the impacts of developmental trauma including A conceptual understanding of child developmental stages and needs (e.g. attachment theory.
- Demonstrated ability to work with adolescents presenting with high risk and difficult behaviours.
- Valid Victorian Driver’s Licence/Working with Children Check/Police Check
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications appropriate to the field
About Quantum Support Services
Established in 1987 we are Industry Leaders striving to provide services to positively improve lives within the Gippsland community. Quantum is a child safe organisation who believes the celebration of diversity makes us and the community stronger. We are committed to embracing everyone’s individual differences so that we can help create a strong workplace and community that is empowered to reach its potential.
For further information and to review the Position Description please refer the attached document or go to our website at www.quantum.org.au/careers.
For further information in relation to this opportunity please contact Tania Hancock on 5120 2000.