At Queensland Lutheran Early Childhood Services (QLECS) we are passionate about providing quality education and care within a Christian environment to children attending our Services throughout Queensland.
Nazareth Lutheran Early Learning is a community-based long day care centre located in Woolloongabba, providing care for up 44 children per day from 6 weeks to five years of age. We are seeking a full time Service Leader.
This role will oversee all areas of the Service’s operations and ensure the Service is compliant with all relevant legislation. The Service Leader is the main facilitator for building strong relationships and connections between families, the community and the Service.
The Service Leader will be required to take on the role of Nominated Supervisor and is the leader of a team of professionals working within the Service.
- Bachelor of Early Childhood or Diploma of Children Services.
- Previous experience in a leadership and management role within the early childhood sector.
- Current First Aid Qualifications including CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis.
- Current child protection training.
- Excellent knowledge of current Child Care Legislation and the National Quality Laws and Regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to positively, proactively and regularly engage with staff, children and families.
- Demonstrated skills to develop a positive work culture and successful teams.
- Demonstrated financial management and budgeting skills.
- Sound computer skills.
- Commitment to the Christian ethos of the Lutheran Church.
What we offer you!
- The opportunity to work for a not-for-profit organisation who values and supports our employees, our families and our children.
- Regular professional development opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Holiday closures over Christmas.
- Great Eco Explorers program (focuses on Eco Biology).
- Nazareth Intergenerational Program.
- A great community vibe.
- A new playground.
- A small supportive team environment that is well established and low turnover.
Check out our website - www.qlecs.org.au