- Support the launch of an exciting new interstate program
- Full-time position contracted to 30 June 2022
- Adelaide based location
- Not-for-profit tax benefits
With one in every eight Australians caring for a family member or friend, Carers Queensland is committed to providing specialised carer, aged, and disability support services.
For more than 30 years, we have been working to advocate for equal rights, opportunities, and enhanced outcomes for families.
Join us as we launch a new program and initiative of Carers Queensland, funded by the Department of Social Services, and piloted over the next two and a half years.
The program will deliver an end-to-end vocational coaching model to support client-centred outcomes and measurable social and economic benefits.
About the Role
- We are looking for an experienced, passionate and qualified Trainer & Assessor to deliver and assess Certificate III Individual Support (Ageing, Disability) and Certificate III and IV in Community Services
- As a full-time trainer you will take a lead role in providing high-quality teaching to clients
- You will deliver the training face to face in Adelaide engaging clients with your experience, vibrancy and passion for community services
- We pride ourselves on the quality of training we provide by having industry expert teachers who impart their wealth of experience to the workforce of the future
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment plus the following units:
- TAELLN411 (or its successor) or TAELLN401A, and TAEASS502 (or its successor) or
- TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B or
- Diploma or higher level qualification in adult education
- Current Certificate III or higher in Individual Support (Disability) and Certificate IV or higher in Community Services
- FSK20113 Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways or similar foundational skills qualification highly desirable
- Current experience as a Trainer & Assessor within the VET Sector (minimum 1-2 years) Current experience working in the community services/individual support industry (minimum 1-2 years)
- Knowledge, understanding, and commitment to the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 and the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver professionally presented, dynamic training with the ability to engage all learner types and levels
- Current open driving licence and ability to undertake regular travel as required
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including Working with Persons with Disability Check and Working with Children Check.
What's On Offer
As an employee of our organisation, you will work with people who are passionate about making a difference; are target focused; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, resilient, and believe in equity and opportunity for all.
You'll be provided opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and innovative organisation, given the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your community.
Opportunity to work for a peak industry body Attractive Remuneration Package of CSW4.1 - $71,839.14 per annum plus super with excellent Not for Profit tax benefits available Flexible and supportive work environment where your contribution is valued