- Support the launch of an exciting new interstate program
- Full-time position contracted to 30 June 2022
- Adelaide based location
- Not-for-profit tax benefits
With one in every eight Australians caring for a family member or friend, Carers Queensland is committed to providing specialised carer, aged, and disability support services.
For more than 30 years, we have been working to advocate for equal rights, opportunities, and enhanced outcomes for families.
Join us as we launch a new program and initiative of Carers Queensland, funded by the Department of Social Services, and piloted over the next two and a half years.
The program will deliver an end-to-end vocational coaching model to support client-centred outcomes and measurable social and economic benefits.
About the Role
- Based in Adelaide, the Business Development & Placement Officer role will be required to work within the metro and regional areas as required to identify opportunities and develop and leverage shared value partnerships that drive lead generation and increased client referrals
- This role is also responsible for securing an on-going placement, recruitment, employment and/or volunteering opportunities for our clients
- You will be required to build and maintain an active database to support successful matching of work placement, recruitment, employment and/or volunteering outcomes, designed to help clients achieve their planned vocational goals, support employer engagement and deliver employer recruitment benefits
About You - Do you have?
- Outstanding networking and business development skills to sell the unique business model that our organisation program operates under; creating pathways to employment and other vocational opportunities through an individualised plan, coaching and mentoring, accredited and/or non-accredited training, traineeships or apprenticeships
- A relevant tertiary qualification such as Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field and or equivalent experience in a related field (e.g. 2 years' experience in sales or business development environment)
- Business development experience in Group Training Organisation, Employment Services or Registered Training Organisations
- The ability to analyse the current customer base, identify gaps and develop strategies to grow the customer base
- A current open driving licence and the ability to undertake regular travel as required
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including Working with Persons with Disability Check and Working with Children Check.
What's On Offer
As an employee of our organisation, you will work with people who are passionate about making a difference; are target focused; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, resilient, and believe in equity and opportunity for all.
You'll be provided opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and innovative organisation, given the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your community.
- Opportunity to work for a peak industry body
- Attractive Remuneration Package of CSW5.1 $82,171.89 per annum plus super with excellent not-for-profit tax benefits available
- A flexible and supportive work environment where your contribution is valued