We are looking for a Brisbane based experienced and innovative conference manager to take the 2021 QCOSS Conference from conception to delivery.
Held every 18 months, the QCOSS Conference is the signature event for Queensland’s community service sector. It is an opportunity to celebrate the sector’s work, explore future developments and profile QCOSS as the sector’s peak body. The QCOSS Conference will be held in late October 2021. It would be expected that the subcontractor would be available from May with reasonable weekly business hours available to support delivery.
The Conference Manager will have primary carriage of event delivery, supported by the QCOSS Members and Partners team. They will also contribute to achieving sponsorship targets set for the event.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes
- Project manage and deliver the 2021 QCOSS Conference from end-to-end
- Achieve budget expectations through maximising revenue and closely managing costs
- Work with Members and Partners team to confirm sponsorship opportunities for events
- Produce event documentation including timelines, conference run sheets, technical briefs and show runs
- Produce comprehensive final post-event report
- Key stakeholder communications management (staff, speakers, sponsors etc.)
- Supplier management, including procurement, contracting and delivery
- Full logistics and operations management, including onsite and hybrid
- Oversee event risk management and OH&S compliance
Key Selection Criteria
- Experience managing conferences or complex events end-to-end
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Technical event production experience including managing events with complex AV and Stage Management requirements
- Highly motivated and results-driven with exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proven experience delivering high quality show documentation
- Proven budget management experience
- Proven time management skills
- Proven experience in delivering confirmed sponsorship
- Be proactive and able to make decisions
- Exceptional people management and leadership skills, drawing the best results from your support team, off-site suppliers and venue.
Fee for delivery will be negotiated.
QCOSS will engage a suitably qualified and experienced sub-contractor to fill this position. You need to have your own ABN and associated insurances to apply. A contract will entered into with the successful party.
If you require any further information please contact Shae Thomas on (07) 3004 6936.