Fixed term to 30 June 2025 with the possibility of extension.
Supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people, and their families.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a genuine impact on service delivery to support and enhance the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people, and their families?
The Program Director, Delegated Authority will resource, support, and strengthen the capacity and capability of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community-controlled Child and Family services and communities to implement Delegated Authority across Queensland by:
- Leading the development, implementation, and project management of the strategic blueprint to implement Delegated Authority; and,
- Work closely alongside Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community-controlled Child and Family services, and the Delegated Authority team within the Department of Children, Youth Justice, and Multicultural Affairs to implement the Strategic Blueprint.
This work will include:
- Providing specialist knowledge of delegated authority
- Managing a team of project officers
- Mentoring and guiding the skills and knowledge of others within the sector
- Monitoring and facilitating the implementation of relevant legislation, delegations, policies, procedures, and quality standards
- Managing ongoing improvement of delegated authority
- Preparation of various documentation including internal brieﬁngs, reports and presentations.
The Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Child Protection Peak is the peak body representing, advocating, and supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander child protection and family support sector in Queensland.
We provide leadership in advocacy and the development of policies, strategies and programs to resource, support and strengthen the capacity and capability of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community-controlled organisations in the interests of our children, families, and communities.
Our team is dynamic, talented, and dedicated to improving the lives of our community.
Requirements for the role
- To perform this role, it is essential that the person is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person. It is therefore a genuine occupational requirement under section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (QLD)
- Experience working on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander focused initiatives
- Knowledge of broader strategies and initiatives related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, with a focus on children, young people, and families highly desirable
- A current valid Queensland Working with Children's Card (Blue Card) is required prior to commencement of employment
- Drivers Licence
- Frequent travel throughout Queensland is a part of this role
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is required
- Competitive remuneration including salary packaging
- Flexible working arrangements
- Continuous professional development and wellness program support
- Four weeks annual leave and gratis leave for usual business days from Christmas Day through to the first business day of the new calendar year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation reimbursement can be negotiated
Further Information and Application Process
For further information and a copy of the position description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Program Director, Delegated Authority enquiry via EthicalJobs.
To apply for this position, please click Apply Now.
This is a recruitment initiative to improve the under-representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the Child Protection Sector and is an equal opportunity measure under section 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991.