About the role
A new and exciting position, the Front of House (FOH) Community Manager will be the go-to person for our community. By liaising with artists, they will be across current exhibitions, upcoming events and ways to get involved. The successful candidate will support our community to live more creativity by linking them with cool upcoming events, providing information on how to put on an event, or how to apply to be a resident artist or organisation. They will be up to date and informative on how and why 107 exists, to ensure an excellent experience within our venues.
- Enthusiasm for the weird and wonderful
- Excited to understand others and support them to be more creative
- Ability to engage with all stakeholders, including community, artists, partners and sponsors
- Strong networks in the creative industries
- Active with own creative practice or interest in arts and culture
- Hold a Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
- Experience working within a creative workplace or not-for-profit
- Experience using audiovisual equipment, and basic venue maintenance
- FOH duties at Redfern Street;
- welcoming patrons to the venue
- representing current exhibitions and upcoming events
- responding to (and directing) exciting ideas and enquiries
- connecting artists, musicians and performers to enhance networks and events
- caring for public spaces and utilities
- Focus on building cultural and community engagement
- Support the Bookings Team by engaging with community to secure new bookings
- Conduct site visits and venue inductions
- Support, manage and train casual event staff in performing Venue Host duties
- Manage day to day requests from resident artists, office tenants, partner organisations
- Oversee event install/bump in and basic tech set up
- Assist in venue maintenance e.g. equipment and furniture quality and safety
- Assist in Venue Host responsibilities, including bar service and sales
- Assist in rostering and bar ordering
Structure of role: primarily rostered between Wednesday - Saturday, 2pm - 9pm, with additional flexi hours of approx. 4 hours a week to attend team meetings and undertake admin.
Reports to: Venue Operations Manager (operational) and Managing Director (organisational culture)
Direct Reports: Casual Venue Hosts (event staff)
About 107 Projects
107 Projects is a creative community organisation advancing culture in Sydney. 107 promotes, plans, presents, and produces arts and cultural initiatives. We connect the arts, education and business to make social change and encourage people to live creatively.
A Position Description is attached.