- Reports to: Culture & Pathways Manager
- Direct reports: None
- Employment: Full time / 38 hours a week
- Hours of Operation: Mon-Sun 9am-10pm. Typical work hours are negotiable depending on successful applicants and the organisation's needs.
- Award: Amusement, Events and Recreation Award
- Remuneration: $65,000-$75,000 p.a. based on experience
- Superannuation Contribution: 10%
The Communications and Marketing Manager will be a key member of 107 Project’s (107) management team responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring our internal and external communications strategy. The successful candidate will be informed of all the wonderful activities ticking away at 107, including events over our two main venues, satellite projects and internal workings of resident creatives and artists.
This important role will contribute to promoting and communicating 107’s purpose as an organisation that supports the wellbeing of communities by connecting them with places, programs and pathways to live creatively.
107 is a creative community organisation advancing culture in Sydney. 107 promotes, plans, presents, and produces arts and cultural initiatives. We connect the arts, education and business to make social change and encourage people to live creatively.
In order of priority, the Communications & Marketing role is responsible for:
- Communications Strategy Development, Implementation and Monitoring
- Product and Service Development, Implementation and Monitoring
- Partnership Development & Maintenance
- Promotion of Organisational Events, Projects, Impact and Stories
- Website Content Development and Maintenance
- Social Media Content Development and Maintenance
- EDM Content Development and Publication
All management roles within 107 will also share a degree of responsibility for the following:
- WHS and caring for our spaces
- Community engagement and artist liaison
- Strategic direction and actions
- An environmentally conscious and sustainable workplace
- Meeting compliance requirements
- KPI’s and other non financial data
- Meeting budget requirements
- An awareness of business partners and relationships
The Communications and Marketing Manager is self-motivated, people centric, and an excellent communicator. They will take initiative in their responsibilities and maintain an approach of continuous improvement and collaboration. They will seek to innovate communications, partnerships and services that enhance the social, cultural and financial opportunities that support the organisation and our communities.
They will also have a demonstrated engagement with, and understanding of, the creative and performing industries and their audiences. An understanding of the not for profit and charity sector is also highly desirable for this role, as well as a passion and commitment to our charitable purpose of advancing culture.
Required Skills, Experience, and Certifications
- Tertiary qualification in a Media, Communications, or Project Management related degree, or 2+ years equivalent experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated skill in the use of graphic design software, e.g. Adobe Creative Suite etc.
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Demonstrated experience in product development
- Demonstrated experience in content production; copy, visual, audio
- Demonstrated experience in audience and business development
- Confident use of Wordpress and other website platforms
- Confident use of Social Media platforms and promotional tools
- Demonstrated experience with teamwork and client collaboration
Non Essential, Desirable Skills and Certifications
- Confident use of photo and video equipment, and editing software
- Experience in the not for profit sector
- Experience in the creative and performing arts industries
- Completion of Cultural Competency and/or other Diversity education programs
A position description is attached.
To submit your application, click Apply Now.