- Bunbury Location
- Cultural Advisor
- Caring Team working for a not for profit
A growing not for profit organisation (NPO) is recruiting a Cultural Advisor to join their positive, uplifting, understanding, friendly, and inclusive team of professionals.
This NPO is dedicated to supporting the disadvantaged and works with their clients through non-judgemental practice, respect and compassion.
About the role
Reporting to the Culture and Diversity Leader this role will be responsible for;
- The development and delivery of Cultural Plans for children in care who identify as being of Aboriginal descent.
- Review and assess progress of Cultural Care Plans and goals regularly with Management and staff.
- Provide guidance to the organisation on culturally appropriate ways of working with clients who identify as being of Aboriginal descent, with specific reference to strengthening the principles, disciplines and tools of the Signs of Safety Child Protection Framework.
- Work with the Aboriginal community-controlled organisations (ACCOs), non-government organisations and local communities to establish partnerships for the direct purpose of working collaboratively.
- Provide advice to the Senior Leadership Team to support decision making that addresses strategic and operational cultural readiness.
- Allocate prioritise and perform work in accordance with relevant regulatory frameworks as well as the organisations policies and procedures.
- Keep staff, carers and families up to date and aware of events, programs and activities available within the local Aboriginal Communities.
To be successful in this role you will;
- Identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander who is skilled and motivated to enhance the organisations cultural awareness.
- Have a genuine interest in working in the NPO sector, specifically working in a team delivering support to those who need it most.
- Have excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Have a high attention to detail.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or other relevant field of study.
All shortlisted candidates will be invited to take part in the identification and probity process further details will be supplied later in the process.