ProCare Australia are the leading specialist recruitment agency for the community and social services sector in Australia and expertise in providing Contract, LOCUM and Permanent career opportunities for Not For Profits, NGO's and the Department.
ProCare Australia is currently recruiting for an experienced Team Lead /Practitioner based in Tennant Creek Northern Territory.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of practitioners in clinical support and counselling around parenting and family relationships, with victims of crime and with other intense psycho-social issues in the community.
Our client is seeking a resilient, compassionate and empathetic practitioner with a strong sense of social justice and understanding of the support needs of indigenous communities to lead and mentor a team in counselling and clinical support in a regional community.
- Develop and maintain services and programs based on evidence of best practice and employs a strength based approach to inform service design, delivery and development.
- Oversee service delivery of the program team/s and allocation of service requests.
- Foster a cohesive team culture based in accountability, respect, reflection, and innovation.
- Provide support and guidance to ensure staff deliver high quality, responsive case work and services, in line with contractual obligations, mandatory reporting legislation, and the needs of the community.
- Enter accurate data and case notes in line with program requirements and setting the team standard.
- Participate in the recruitment, interview, induction and training of local staff.
- Support and supervise staff to ensure the application of appropriate practise and correct service delivery.
- Develop and maintain collaborative networks and relationships with relevant government and community based agencies.
To Be Successful
- Bachelor Qualification in Social Work, Psychology or Counselling.
- At least 5 years’ experience in either counselling or case management.
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills encompassing report writing, case note writing, supervision and the ability to communicate effectively with managers, staff and stakeholders across a range of diverse cultural groups and settings.
Salary and Benefits
- $93,128 + 9.5% superannuation, 17.5% leave loading and salary packaging option
- Relocation Assistance
- Free accommodation provided for the first 2 weeks.
- Discounted accommodation for up to 3 months.
Salary packaging (also known as salary sacrifice) is an arrangement between you and your employer where you pay for some items or services straight from your pre-tax salary. You can salary package computers, cars, childcare and super, for example. This can reduce your taxable income and put more money in your pocket.
Find out more at www.procareaustralia.com.au.
07 3807 2833
Closing Date is Tuesday 17th September. Applicants are encouraged to apply now.