Possability is a not-for-profit organisation, providing quality individual and flexible support options to people with disability, children and young people with a history of adversity.
We have a vision for a world where everyone has the opportunity to reach their potential. We believe that freedom and independence are fundamental human rights. We are committed to providing a quality service designed to be responsive and flexible to individual needs to enable people to achieve their personal goals.
About The Role:
In this role you will collaborate and consult with managers and employees, government and non-government service providers, community groups, and other parties in the delivery of service and care for our participants. You will participate in the monitoring and evaluation of service performance and participant outcomes. You have highly developed leadership, management experience, and are passionate about equality and human rights for all.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead service development to enhance opportunities for people with disabilities to achieve their full potential, working actively with community groups or other interest groups.
- Lead advocacy within the broader community on behalf of clients and their families to support inclusion and participation and a commitment to effective service delivery.
- Work with staff to develop outcomes for people with disabilities, including research within the sphere of responsibility.
- Support staff teams working with clients with demanding risk management requirements to anticipate risks and support clients to act lawfully in their interaction with community members to reduce the risk of potential incidents.
- Explore information relating to health conditions to support greater levels of well-being for people with disabilities and endeavour to ensure appropriate resources and personnel are engaged for these purposes.
- Make strategic decisions across a large client group within the scope of established policies and practice standards and within the area of responsibility.
- Be professionally accountable for service delivery and related decisions within comprehensive area of responsibility.
- Identify required interventions to ensure service quality is maintained and enhanced.
- Significant problem-solving activity and innovation requiring in depth understanding of service and department policy.
- Lead and mentor decision making by staff who are managing teams supporting people with disabilities, within specified policies and practice standard.
To be considered for this position, you will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Advanced Diploma Disability Work, Bachelor of Applied Science (Disability), registered or eligible to be registered as a Mental Retardation Nurse or other qualifications relevant to this role and recognised within Department of Human and Health Services guidelines as being equivalent.
- A current Working with Children Check (WWCC) card is required and will need to be provided prior to commencement of employment, Currency will need to be maintained by the employee for the period of employment.
- A level 2 First Aid Certificate is required.
- Completion of the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check.
- A current National Police Check within the past 6 months.
- A full driver’s licence is required.
Please click on the apply now button below and complete the fields as prompted and attach your cover letter and resume.
Position Description for the role: DDSO5 Position Description
For more information email us at email@example.com using the subject line: Operations Manager - Bendigo enquiry via EthicalJobs or call 1300 067 842.