- Band 6: Salary range: $84,509 to $92,118 (pro rata) plus 9.5% plus Super
- Part-time: 0.4 FTE Maternity Leave Position until 18 January 2021 (working days flexible for the right person)
- Usual work site: St Kilda
- During COVID-19 Pandemic, with ELT/DHHS direction, this role is able to work from home and is predominantly based online
About the Organisation
The City of Port Phillip is an inner-city council with around 1000 employees who deliver more than 100 programs and services to our residents, businesses and visitors. These range from childcare and immunisations, to libraries, management of parks and open space, rubbish collection, road maintenance and more.
About the Role
Are you passionate and experienced in supporting vulnerable families and children?
Supported Playgroup builds a positive and inviting environment within the City of Port Phillip and deliver service to vulnerable families with children aged 0-5 years old. A key part of this role is to work collaboratively with internal and external key service providers.
The COVID-19 Pandemic has been a time of uncertainty and is constantly changing. The Supported Playgroup Facilitator role is a secure opportunity for a current City of Port Phillip staff member to join a passionate, supportive and progressive team within the Family, Youth and Children Department.
- Effectively facilitate Supported Playgroups, including utilising the In-Home sessions model, and support developmentally appropriate play experiences and parent/child interactions within the smalltalk guidelines
- Currently, the supported playgroup runs on a Wednesday and Thursday and preferably would remain to ensure consistency for the families during the uncertain times we’re are facing due to COVID-19. Although, these days can be flexible for the right candidate
- Develop relationships with key local stakeholders and referral sources to develop referral pathways for vulnerable families.
- Support and advocate positive parenting and behaviour and guidance strategies
- Undertake transition planning with families to link them into relevant early years services
Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification in a social science, such as Social Work or psychology with experience in child and family development
- Group facilitation of supported playgroups (or relevant groupwork experience) to support developmentally appropriate play experiences and parent/child interactions
- Proven experience of quality family support and engagement with children and families to support and advocate positive parenting and behaviour and guidance strategies
- Sound experience in interagency collaboration (e.g. Maternal and Child Health, Children’s Services, Libraries etc.) and externally with other agencies as well as a commitment to integrated service provision to families to ensure quality referral pathways for vulnerable families
- Highly developed communication skills, (both written and oral) and highly developed interpersonal skills with a particular focus on strength based and customer focused approaches to successfully collaborate, liaise, influence and negotiate with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent IT skills along with proven ability to keep detailed compliant records and reports
- Demonstrated commitment to a culture of child safety and a thorough understanding of the legislation, guidelines and practices that deliver on this commitment
People enjoy working at the City of Port Phillip because we are a welcoming, healthy and inclusive workplace. We offer a vibrant and diverse work environment where our employees can develop both professionally and personally whilst planning and delivering a range of important services and programs to the community.
- We offer a workplace which accommodates your working style and needs
- Be supported and empowered by a leadership team that is community focused, with a strong desire for change and a culture that encourages teamwork and innovation
- Training and development opportunities, study assistance, flexible working conditions, paid parental leave, an active social club, a health and wellbeing program, and a well- regarded Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A position description is attached.