Bridge Darebin is an innovative, not-for-profit, social enterprise organisation in Preston and Thornbury.
Our mission: to strengthen our community by providing social and educational services to empower those who need it most.
Services includes adult education, child care, community programs, venue hire, zero-waste Moon Rabbit café and Makers Market Thornbury.
Our service has an exciting opportunity for a passionate Childcare Manager. We are seeking a high performing manager with depth of experience and dedication to their position.
This opportunity requires the successful applicant to manage the day to day operation of the centre. You will take ownership of all aspects of regulatory compliance but also be instrumental in creating an environment where all our children are welcomed and cared for. You will have strong leadership skills and ensure best practice is embedded throughout the centre.
As Childcare Manager you will also lead educators to deliver developmentally and educationally appropriate programs that are diverse and based on appropriate curriculum frameworks.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The person for this position will have demonstrated experience in:
- Demonstrated knowledge of government regulation, contractual obligations and guidelines that apply to Centre based children’s programs
- Understanding of implementing Early Childhood Curriculum suitable for children from 6 months to school age, consistent with the principles of the Early Years Learning Framework under Victorian Children’s Services Regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing childhood service programs that respond to client and participant needs
- Experience in providing a safe and appropriate environment for staff and clients.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and connect with staff. To supervise, support, communicate with and motivate a team of individuals from a variety of different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate, co-operate with and effectively support parents in their child care responsibilities while their children attend the service; respecting individual attitudes and values.
- Independently managing time, prioritising and planning work to meet set timelines in an environment of competing priorities.
- Understanding of and commitment to working in a community organisation or relevant environment with an ability to relate to a wide range of people.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the broad range of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel and confidence with email, Internet and Cloud-based technology
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Diploma in Children’s Services.
- Current Level 2 First Aid.
- Current Working with Children Check and Police Check.
- Current C.P.R.
- Current Anaphylaxis Management training.
- Current Asthma Management training or willingness to obtain.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Experience managing a team.
A position description is attached.