Planet Ark is one of Australia’s best known environmental Not-For-Profits with an enthusiastic and committed team. We work with business, government, community groups and individuals to create positive environmental actions for everyone.
About the Role
The Information Centre is the hub of the organisation, supporting campaigns and providing information to businesses, schools and the general public. Working with a small but passionate and vibrant team, this role would suit a hardworking individual who wants to contribute something meaningful.
A full-time role based in our city office in Sydney's Haymarket - a convenient location close to Central station, restaurants and right across from Belmore Park. The salary is $50k per annum plus super and additional benefits.
We are looking for:
- A passionate individual with excellent customer service
- A great eye for detail and strong computer skills
- A quick learner who thrives on complicated tasks, and equally comfortable with important administrative duties
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the efficient and professional handling of enquiries from the public, councils, recyclers, collection points, workplaces, industry bodies, as well as community and environment groups in relation to recycling, National Tree Day and other campaigns
- Make out-going calls to stakeholders to collect data and encourage support and participation in Planet Ark’s campaigns and programs
- Record data, information and feedback in the appropriate databases
- Assist the Head of Operations in drawing themes, trends and reports from e-mails, calls and web-usage and periodically assist in the development, running and analysis of online or phone-based surveys
- Participate in relevant meetings including general staff meetings, supervision, campaign team meetings and work with the Head of Operations to identify and undertake professional development opportunities
- Ensure personal adherence to the Planet Ark HR Manual
- Contribute to other organisational activities beyond the scope of the Information Centre Support Officer role as agreed, and other duties as reasonably directed by the Head of Operations
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Experience in phone and e-mail customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills with a capacity for relationship management and diplomacy
- Strong time management skills, with an ability to manage ongoing concurrent tasks, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines all with a fine attention to detail
- Computer literate in generic computer packages such as Microsoft Office (Excel), email systems and familiarity with the internet and databases, and a willingness to learn new skills in regard to content management
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team and to take directions from others
- A strong alignment with Planet Ark’s mission and values
A background in environmental issues and sustainability is not essential, but you will need a familiarity and enthusiasm for solving them.