- Australian Indigenous Doctors’ Association (AIDA)
- Ongoing contract contingent on funding |Canberra Based | Not-For-Profit
- $110,000 - $130,000 plus super
- We strongly encourage Aboriginal and/ Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
About the organisation
The Australian Indigenous Doctors’ Association Ltd is the national body representing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander doctors and medical students. Our purpose is to contribute to equitable health and life outcomes, and the cultural wellbeing of Indigenous people by increasing the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander medical students and doctors and supporting a culturally safe healthcare system. As a peak organisation, we are represented on over 45 committees nationally and collaborate with a range of key stakeholders and affiliated organisations.
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the Corporate Services Manager will be an integral part of the AIDA team and will work collaboratively across the organisations and its key stakeholders to manage the corporate services portfolio.
The span of accountabilities of the role cover:
- Effective management of AIDA’s corporate services portfolio
- Governance and legal compliance
- High level finance, audit and information technology management
- Effective management of AIDA outsourced contracts
- Human Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Develop and maintain AIDA policies and procedures in consultation with other Managers
- Effective leadership, people management and achieve the delivery of project outputs on time and within budget
- High quality and timely Secretariat services to the Board and its committees
- Management of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) processes in collaboration with the Board, Chief Executive Officer and other Managers to deliver an effective Annual General Meeting
- Providing high quality and timely reports, briefs, papers and presentations
- Overseeing continuous quality improvement systems that enhance the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of the organisation
- Effective liaison, negotiation and influence of a range of stakeholders in government, non government and corporate sectors including both Indigenous and non-Indigenous stakeholders
- Effective contribution to AIDA’s organisational outcomes, strategic directions, planning, implementation, evaluation and quality improvement
- Effective representation of AIDA in a range of settings
- Providing timely updates and input to cross-team outcomes that support organisational goals and deliverables
- Effective records management
- Working as an effective member of the AIDA team including building relationships across AIDA to achieve organisational outcomes
You will be an experienced corporate manager with a track record that showcases your ability to engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, members of the health sector and a range of stakeholders. To be successful in this role you will be:
- A dynamic, motivated and experienced administrator with capability across all components of the agency’s corporate responsibilities
- Highly organised and is experienced preparing reports, papers and other committee and board related functions to a very high standard
- Able to show experience working in a role which is fast paced and challenging
- Confident to deliver outcomes in a complex stakeholder setting
- A person who aspires to excel in corporate operations
- Adept with working collaboratively across multiple organisations and has cultural competency and confidence to bring the voice of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to the table
- An experienced team leader with an ability to model and coach cultural competency
- Able to write well and express yourself clearly and with confidence
- Must have corporate operations experience
- Have audit and/or finance qualifications, or other relevant education or experience
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their communities including policy matters related to the role. This covers the ability to engage and develop Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and create a culturally inclusive workplace.
Key Position Requirements
- Demonstrated leadership in working collaboratively across agencies.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team through excellent people management, commitment to organisational culture and resilience and capability to lead in busy periods.
- Demonstrated excellent written skills and a capacity to teach others.
- Strong networks with Indigenous people, organisations and stakeholders relevant to the role
What we can offer you
- A full-time Corporate Services Manager ongoing contract
- An attractive salary $110,000 - $130,000 plus super
- Generous salary sacrifice options available
- Canberra based
- Opportunities for further education and professional development
- Personal development planning activities
- A supportive learning environment
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive leave entitlements
- Health and wellbeing programs
How to get more information
Additional information is available in the role description or by contacting the team at Pipeline Talent.
Lesina Gibbs-Manuatu | Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Email: email@example.com using the subject line: Corporate Services Manager - Australian Indigenous Doctors' Association enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Ph: 0408 027 880.