About the Role
The YEO will be responsible for developing and coordinating community building activities together with young people currently involved in the YCW and other stakeholders.
Duties will include:
- Coordinating and facilitating team and group meetings as part of the YCW’s leadership development program.
- Support young adult leaders, youth leaders, volunteers and activists carry out their action as part of the YCW.
- Networking with the Perth Catholic Archdiocese, and numerous organisations and represent the YCW to numerous church and community based organisations.
- Providing skills training to participants and volunteers.
- Tertiary qualifications in youth work or a related field and/ or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and engage young people in community activities and action.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and develop teams of volunteers, including individual leadership skills and commitment to social change.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with vulnerable young people and a belief in social justice principles.
- An ability and commitment to working within a Catholic based organisation while being inclusive of those from other beliefs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to work across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Understanding of the issues facing young workers.
- Planning and grant writing skills.
- Experience coordinating social media campaigns.
About the Organisation
The Australian Young Christian Workers (YCW) are a not-for-profit, grassroots movement who seek to serve, educate and represent young people. With a particular focus on Young people between the ages of 18-30, the YCW utilises the ‘See, Judge & Act’ methodology to motivate young people to be in control of their realities. YCW believes in empowering young people to put their faith into action and encourages them to be active members within their communities. We currently have teams in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney and contacts and connections all across Australia and internationally, as a part of a global network.
About the Opportunity (Summary)
The Youth Engagement Officer Position at Young Christian Workers (YCW): You will drive the establishment and coordination of a team of young leaders and volunteers.
This opportunity will enable you to:
- Work with passionate young people from diverse backgrounds.
- Build a team of leaders and mobilise young people to take action within a local and diocesan setting.
- Explore the issues that relate to young people in their communities and within the social justice sphere.
- Collaborate with a National Team of YEO’s and travel to different parts of Australia to attend National Events, Training and to represent the YCW.
- Gain practical experience working with young people and networking with a variety of other organisations.
- Learn from and be supported by, an experienced team of mentors.
- Generate positive and meaningful change in the lives of young people and within the greater community.
- Be a part of a like-minded community of workers, leaders. members and volunteers who believe in changing the world.
To find out more about the role, please submit an enquiry via email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Youth Engagement Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Preferred candidates will be in possession of a Working with Children Check Number or will be subject to one. Opportunity for Immediate start.