- 30 hrs p/w
- Maternity Leave Position (9mths)
Peninsula Community Legal Centre Inc. is seeking a Paralegal to support our family violence team, in the delivery of duty lawyer and casework services to those experiencing family violence.
The Paralegal, Family Violence will work within the Centre’s Specialist Family Violence Court (SFVC) team to assess and allocate referrals, complete conflict checks, liaise with court staff, triage clients and perform casework tasks under the supervision of the Practice Manager, Family Violence.
You will need:
- Tertiary qualifications or undertaking tertiary study and/or relevant experience in law or family violence
- Highly developed organisational and administrative skills and the ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities
- Understanding of (or the ability to quickly develop) the court processes related to the Family Violence Protection Act 2008.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to social justice principles, understanding of the legal assistance sector and commitment to PCLC’s vision and values.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Client Management & Data systems such as CLASS, Outlook and Excel
For further information please contact Jackie Galloway 9783 3600.
A position description is attached.