Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia is Australia's leading community-based organisation for prostate cancer research, awareness, and support. Our vision is a future where no man dies of prostate cancer, and Australian men and their families get the support they need.
Our focus is to:
- Be Australia’s leading charity fund for Australian-based prostate cancer research.
- Protect the health of existing and future generations of men in Australia.
- Improve quality of life for Australian men with prostate cancer and their families.
The Direct Marketing Executive plays a key role within the PCFA Individual Giving and Fundraising team by coordinating direct marketing fundraising activities in order to grow, engage and retain supporters, and maximise income for the charity.
The role will involve managing day-to-day relationships with creative fundraising agencies, print and mail providers, data providers and internal teams, to create donor-centric and targeted communications across channels.
You will also be responsible for managing digital direct marketing activities, including email campaigns, social media advertising and online assets that support fundraising campaigns.
The role will provide a chance to offer strategic and administrative support to the Individual Giving Manager in all areas of the individual giving program, with opportunities for development.
- End-to-end project management of direct marketing campaigns in order to acquire new donors and retain existing donors, maximising income to help achieve the mission.
- Liaise with fundraising agencies in the creative development of direct marketing campaigns, ensuring that communications are engaging, donor-centric and high-quality. This includes input into strategy, briefing and reviewing creative, managing internal sign-off, and keeping files up-to-date.
- Plan and implement eDM sends, including setting up creative, managing segments and exclusions in our email platform, Campaign Monitor, and ensuring communications are tracked back to our database.
- Manage Facebook advertising, including audiences and optimisation; Search advertising, and other online communications to support fundraising campaigns.
- Manage the creation of mailfiles and email lists for campaigns and appeals, through briefing data providers, managing sign-off on segmentation and quality checking files.
- Coordinate the high-quality print & production of direct mail appeals with printers and mail houses, including briefing, checking artwork and live laser proofs.
- Coordinate tailored treatment for top donors within the appeals program.
- Liaise with internal teams to source effective case studies for fundraising campaigns, organising interviews and photos.
- Provide reports and analysis on campaigns and appeals, making recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensure campaigns are within budget and costs and results are tracked against budget.
- Develop ‘thank you’ communications and assist in the planning and implementation of supporter journeys, including responding to donor calls and taking donations by phone.
- Work with the Donor Care & Retention Executive to grow income from In Memory and In Celebration donations.
- Use of the CRM as required to extract, modify and analyse data and view reports.
- Monitor industry trends to inform best practice fundraising activities.
- Degree in marketing or communications.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in a marketing, communications or fundraising role.
- A proven track record in end-to-end project management.
- Experience in implementing digital campaigns, including eDM sends (ideally via Campaign Monitor), social media advertising and Search.
- Demonstrated capabilities in managing complex data segmentation and targeting lists.
- Experience in using CRMs such as Raiser’s Edge highly desirable.
- Experience in fundraising or the not-for-profit sector desirable.
- Warm, friendly and confident manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organised with ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritise workload.
- High attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Team player, with ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders.
- High level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel.
What's on offer
- Competitive Salary
- Close to St Leonard's train station
- Opportunity to work from home
- Hours to suit the right person
- NFP salary sacrifice (up to $15,900)
A position description is attached.