headspace Mt Druitt and Penrith aims to reduce the burden of disease in young people aged 12-25 years caused by mental health and related substance use disorders through early identification and effective, evidence-based intervention, delivered by primary care and specialist providers, working together within a unified, accessible, and integrated service framework.
This position will be managed through Parramatta Mission, the headspace Mt Druitt lead agency.
- 2 year Full Time to 30 June 2022 with possible extension
- Opportunity to provide services via Telehealth
- With generous salary packaging benefit
The position will work within a multidisciplinary youth mental health service, in partnership with other youth agencies, as part of headspace, to assess and identify the health and associated needs of young people presenting through headspace.
Young people accessing the services based at headspace Mt Druitt will be initially engaged by the Youth Access Team clinicians to identify priority needs, and provide care coordination to young people accessing the service, as well as ongoing treatment and support.
- Engage, triage, assess and provide evidence-based interventions for young people and their families. This may be in hour assessments, 30 minute “snap” sessions, or via group work.
- To act as a senior clinician, providing informal mentoring and formal supervision, as required, to colleagues and students.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, or Nursing.
- Registration (or social work eligibility) of respective professional body.
- 2-3 years demonstrated and extensive brief assessment / triage skills in mental health, and the ability to coordinate care for young people.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with young people and carers.
- Demonstrated skills in decision making, problem solving, negotiation, and crisis management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and sensitivity to, the mental health needs of young people (12-25 years), and their families.
- Demonstrated clinical proficiency in assessment and treatment of mental illness, such as depression and anxiety.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and within a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication (telephone, verbal and written), and report writing skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Ability to liaise with internal and external agencies.
- Current N.S.W. Driver’s licence.
- Experience in collaborative partnerships with government or non-government organisations, including working with a range of community partners.
- Experience working with specific populations of young people (e.g. Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander populations, CALD)
- Experience working with Drug and Alcohol related issues.
- Experience in the provision of Clinical Supervision.
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check and provide Working with Children Clearance.
Parramatta Mission encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Enquiries only to firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 8188 7426 To Apply do not email cv but click Apply button. Ref 510