- Contract until 30 December 2020
- Manly Vale location with Opportunity to use Telehealth
- Attractive salary Plus Generous salary Packaging benefits
For over 40 years, Parramatta Mission has supported some of the most disadvantaged and marginalised people in society, including those experiencing homelessness, crisis, domestic violence and living with mental illness. Our values are grace, inclusion, dignity, faith and hope. We are an equal opportunity employer who values, respects and supports diversity within the workplace and the community.
The Gambling Counsellor position will be responsible for delivering counselling and support services in order to assist people with gambling related problems. The counsellor will provide an evidence-based therapeutic counselling service to reduce the negative effect of gambling on individuals, families and significant others. They will also raise community awareness of problem gambling issues and provide services via promotional and educational activities.
- Provide intake and/or assessment services as part of the Parramatta Mission Counselling Services model and relevant Funding Body Agreements
- Achieve expected KPI’s of number of recorded client sessions delivered
- Appropriate utilisation and maintenance of database and filing systems for consumer related information
- Promote the service to appropriate agencies/networks by completing presentations and attending interagency meetings etc.
- Participate in clinical review and supervision to ensure service standards and client needs are met
- Maintain and develop clinical skills through participation in professional development, literature research and ongoing education
JOB ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Qualifications and demonstrated experience in counselling and be registered with the appropriate registration authorities (e.g. AHPRA, ACA or PACFA)
- Minimum Diploma of Gambling Counselling or Minimum Qualifications met for accreditation as a Gambling Help Counsellor
- Knowledge of and experience in therapy for Gambling Disorder
- Ability to provide support and facilitate delivery of client-focused services
- Ability to facilitate the smooth and supported referrals of clients to external and/or additional services as required
- Ability to monitor, record, and provide feedback of treatment outcomes with appropriate tools
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in applying relevant evidence-based practices
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in appropriate intake and assessment of mental health conditions
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current first aid certificate
WHAT WE OFFER:
A competitive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check and provide Working with Children Clearance.
Parramatta Mission encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 8188 7426.