- This position is part-time 24 hours per week (fixed term until 23rd of December 2022, with the possibility of extension)
The Parks Community Network provides a range of programs and services for our local community. We are looking for a motivated Coordinator to oversee the Youth Enrichment Program.
Key responsibilities include:
- To design and implement an innovative Youth Enrichment Program (YEP), in accordance with the Youth Enrichment Program guidelines outlined in the Program Operations Manual.
- To be responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of all aspects of the Youth Enrichment Program.
- To be responsible for the evaluation of the program.
- Casework with young people, including assessment, accidental counselling, development of a contract with individual young people regarding their goals, maintain progress records for each young person.
- To supervise support worker/s and other specialist facilitators.
To be a successful applicant you will have:
Key Selection Criteria
- Ability to work with school students outside the school system;
- Ability to liaise with schools, students, parents and other organisations regarding the student and their learning opportunities;
- Knowledge of education and employment services for young people;
- Experience in casework;
- Creative and innovative ideas for working with young people at risk;
- Ability to work as part of a team and to show initiative;
- Good communication skills including advocacy, public speaking and presentation of material to groups, meetings and boards;
- Report writing skills;
- Experience in working with young people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds and other disadvantaged groups;
This position is identified as ‘child-related employment’ and shall be subject to necessary checks.
A full position description is attached below.
For further information please ring The Parks Community Network Inc on 02 96097400.