- PERMANENT PART TIME – 30 hours a week (4 days/wk)
Parents Beyond Breakup is a national suicide prevention charity focused on parents going through relationship breakdown. Keeping parents alive and in their children’s, lives is our mission. Our ethos is to facilitate peer to peer connection, support, care, and we are solely reliant on private and public funding.
We are looking for a Communications and Marketing Manager reporting to the CEO, to lead marketing and communications functions. Parents Beyond Breakup currently employs 10 team members, plus approximately 40 active volunteer peers across Australia.
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic team, who has outstanding Communications and Marketing experience and skills, including success with Not-For-Profit funding.
Reporting to the CEO, this role will manage the internal/external company Communications & PR, successfully manage external team of consultants who conduct fundraising and grants management, and lead the Marketing Strategy in conjunction with existing company strategies to expand on the organisation’s lifesaving services.
Importantly, the role will contribute towards achieving the successful growth targets established in the organisational objectives.
- Marketing & Communications Strategy – Help develop Marketing & Communications Strategy and Plan; this includes style guide and internal approval process.
- Public Relations – Lead the face of the organisation to identify and oversee external PR opportunities including integration of PR with branding and Marketing initiatives.
- Fundraising– Manage the Fundraising, Grants and Submission Plan in conjunction with existing company consultants, and work with the team in building a funding platform to expand on the organisation’s lifesaving services.
You will be able to demonstrate a track record over at least 5+ years of professional accomplishments that demonstrate these capabilities.
- Corporate Communications – 5+ years in contemporary media and communications mediums
- Marketing – 5+ years in marketing strategy or digital marketing
- Event Management – Demonstrated evidence of planning and executing corporate and/or community events from 1 hour online to multi-day events open to private or public audiences
- Strategic Leadership - Ability to identify, analyse, approach, and develop various grant and funding avenues and opportunities using company marketing strategies.
- Outstanding Writing Skills – Exceptional ability to frame and translate content into clear and compelling narratives
- Proofreading and Editing - High proficiency in English, with demonstrable experience in proofing and editing, with strong attention to detail
- Analysis + Strategy – You can analyse data to understand and optimise fundraising submissions and digital marketing strategies;
- Mental Health – Knowledge of, and networks in health, community, suicide prevention, government, and corporate and community sectors highly regarded.
- Technology – Competence with leveraging technology and software to implement and monitor activities (e.g. CRM , Google analytics, SurveyMonkey, Mailchimp etc).
- Flexibility – Ability to work to deadlines and work independently and collaboratively with a dynamic national team with minimal supervision.
- Marketing/Communications/Business – Ideal but not essential and must have experience in negotiating sponsorship agreements and/or other formal partnerships and knowledge of, and passion for, health and change, behaviour management and personal development
- Social Welfare/Mental Health – Ideal but not essential; must have an interest in, and understanding of, issues faced by people with mental health and suicide prevention sector
What We Offer You:
- Working for an organisation that has high values and EQ – we are family-centric, client focussed and cognisant of children’s needs and we model the PBB behaviours by demonstrating camaraderie, warmth, to develop those around us.
- While our headquarters are based in the Sydney CBD, our whole organisation is spread across Australia and works virtually, meaning you will also be working virtually 100%. However, we would love to meet you face-to-face on occasion if the opportunity arises.
- At Parents Beyond Breakup, we are a socially responsible organisation, and we want you to live your best life. Thus, we offer flexible work arrangements to allow you to manage your personal life along with your work life.
To Apply for this role:
Our team of Lived Experience Peers has a deep passion for our organisation and the clients we serve. We would like to meet you if you have a passion for wanting to help others, along with previous experience in marketing, communications, grant submissions, fundraising and securing corporate sponsorships.