- Perinatal Wellbeing Centre, Weston, ACT
- 10 hours per week, permanent part-time
Perinatal Wellbeing Centre (formerly PANDSI) provides support, information and referral services to women and their families who are affected by perinatal mental health issues. Our services include regular telephone support, facilitated group support (sometimes with an exercise component), information groups and playgroups. We also undertake community and health professional education.
We are seeking an energised and self-motivated individual to promote the services of Perinatal Wellbeing Centre to the wider community, potential clients and stakeholders, including the culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. The Engagement Coordinator will develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with a broad range of people and organisations.
- Demonstrated community engagement experience preferably with an understanding of the not-for-profit community sector.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- An understanding of the importance an online presence has in developing networks, disseminating information and engaging stakeholders.
- High-level computer literacy skills.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality with knowledge of current Health Records (Privacy and Access) Act 1997 and Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Perinatal Wellbeing Centre and perinatal mental health information, education, support and referral resources.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and communicate to groups of people, tailoring communication to suit a specific target group or age range.
- Ability to organise and implement community engagement activities within an allocated budget.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills including social media, word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing work tasks and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Health Promotion, Public Health, Community Development or a related discipline, or experience in a similar role.
Occasional evening event work may be required.
A Working with Vulnerable People registration is a requirement for all Perinatal Wellbeing Centre staff.
Perinatal Wellbeing Centre is committed to ongoing staff development and training and offers generous salary packaging opportunities. Benefits of working at Perinatal Wellbeing Centre include a friendly and collaborative working environment in Weston with free parking.
Please forward your enquiries to the Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Engagement Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.