OVIS has been the primary provider of family and domestic violence services in the Peel region. Our purpose and the value we provide to our clients and the community is to ‘Overcome Violence and Inspire Safety.’
Our reputation is driven by our ability to provide high quality sustainable services to clients accessing our programs and services.
In addition to the provision of accommodation services, OVIS ensures timely and effective provision of advocacy, referral information and support to women and their children seeking relief from the impact of domestic violence.
External Services ensures the proper support and implementation of strategies and initiatives specifically directed meeting the needs of clients accessing our accommodation services. The Team Leader is responsible for coordinating and supervising the delivery of community and external support services under the guidance of the CEO and Operations Manager.
The program area focuses on developing and implementing a client centred approach within the values framework that defines OVIS’s work. Staff within the program are committed to a supportive and inclusive culture and to maximising collaboration with other staff and other appropriate agencies as required.
The Team Leader is accountable for supervising and supporting staff to deliver a quality service within a team based collaborative case management model and to ensure the delivery of a range of support, advocacy and referral services to women and women with children experiencing family and domestic violence.
Key delivery areas include:
- Provide comprehensive, person driven support
- Manage staff workload and leave arrangements
- Undertake effective staff performance management, professional supervision and staff development
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager, actively engage with staff in their professional development and supervision
- Participate in the development of budget preparation and adherence to budget allocation
- Develop and maintain effective collaborative working relationships with other staff, agencies, service providers, networks and other stakeholders
- Ensure data collection of client and program records are accurate, up to date and stored as required for compliance with confidentiality and privacy requirements
- Ensure adequate arrangements are in place to ensure that health and safety issues for clients and staff are adequately addressed
- Undertake administrative responsibilities as appropriate to the role of Team Leader and as required by the Operations Manager
The position is classified at Community Worker Level 6.
The position is 0.5 FTE Team Leader and undertakes community outreach work as required
- Demonstrated management and team development skills including the capability to motivate develop and lead staff through periods of stability and change.
- Demonstrated experience in the family violence and family services field.
- Demonstrated time management skills and the ability to manage multiple demands.
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision of high quality services and a culture of continuous learning.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the values that underpin the organisation and its culture with capacity to promote these within the team.
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills with the ability to plan, review and implement quality improvements.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the principles of equity, diversity, continual improvement, risk management and occupational safety and health.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain personal and professional boundaries and confidentiality.
Qualifications and other Requirements:
- Diploma level Qualifications in Community Services or similar.
- Hold a valid WWC Card and current driver’s licence at all times and undergo a Criminal Records Check (National Police Clearance) prior to employment. Subsequently staff must report any criminal charges or court appearances.
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrated IT skills including MS Office suite.